Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Goldberg P6-E Hawk Engine question

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 12:31 PM
gulfhawkii

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goldberg P6-E Hawk Engine question

Hello RC Pilots

I,mm new here on the RC forum, I have a question for anyone out there that can help me on this. In 1979 My wife bought me for Christmas a old Goldberg P6-E Hawk some of you out there are prably familur with this old relic, amd a lot out there have the answer. The kit offers a 2 way option for power, 19 to 35 engines I know that the greater has more HP than the other.

I installed a OS Max .20 engine all I have for now. I built the kit straight from the box there are no added details and external beefing up that will contribulate a weight factor to the plane. Construction of it is all foam wings covered with MonoKoat body sides are all balsa construction covered with same. Will this plane fly on a .20 it is all finished ready for the flying gield. I.mm anxious about getting in a couple of flights befor winter sets in. Can you please help me on this befor I end up chasing a plane that wont get off the ground LOL.

Thank You Very Much Folks

Frank
Old 09-29-2008, 05:34 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: Goldberg P6-E Hawk Engine question

It is quite likely that the .20 will fly the model satisfactorily but it is always a much safer bet when choosing an engine for a model to stay close to or at the upper limit of the power options rather than on the low end. Since you already have the .20 mounted go ahead and fly it as is, as you might be pleasantly surprised as a present day OS Max .20 is about as powerful as most .35's of old, when that kit was designed.

Karol