Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Mounting Servos

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 04:44 PM
Witterings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mounting Servos

I always seem to have a problem mounting servos in Balsa planes, often the gap to get them in is that tiny bit too small and you have to enlarge it by a millimetre or two.
I then find when I go to screw them down the screw's right on the edge of the hole and has nothing solid to screw into, does anybody else get this and any bright idea's of what to do, should I just CA them instead ??
Old 10-13-2008, 05:07 PM
bassmanh
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Mounting Servos

witterings,

if i find the servos are a bit to small for the cut out i will usually add (CA THEM) small pieces of light ply along the servo/servo bay edge to have something to screw them into, works very well and doesnt take long. wish i had a picture for you but i dont have any planes with that done right now.

hope this helps some

bassman