Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Anyone using a DX3.0?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 07:09 PM
BurninValves

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone using a DX3.0?

Ok, just gout a new Spektrum DX3.0. Put it in, and my throttle/brake was backwards. i reversed it. What i can't figure out is... there is only full throttle, or full brake. No easing on the gas or slow stopping. Any ideas?
Old 10-12-2008, 07:56 PM
CrysisFX

Default RE: Anyone using a DX3.0?

are you using analog servos ona digital mode or vise versa
Old 10-13-2008, 10:48 AM
xc7

I'm running a JR XS3Pro on my stock X which is basically the same thing. I had same problem with only the throttle, my brake was okay. This is what I did...

Enter your program mode and get to the TDB screen and set it to 0% with Full Throttle squeezed, then goto your Throttle EPA and with Full Throttle squeezed set your L/F to when your carb gets fully opened(mine is set at 84) and my R/B is at 65.

Let us know if that doesn't work.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:05 PM
BudBud

How is the range on this radio, is it significantly better than the stock radios? I really do not need one to race with or for frequency interference, but if it will save me from fetching one out of the lake again because I let it get out of range, I will try it. Did you look at the 4PK as well? It is really hard to pick out a radio when you are a nuts and bolts guy...

I watched an XL go over the river bank a few days ago because I had low batteries in my radio. It all looked good when I started running, when it took off, I looked at the radio and sure enough, the little red low warning light was flashing. It found a big bed of poison ivy to rest in. Good stuff... Bud
Old 10-13-2008, 07:49 PM
BurninValves

Hey BB, the range is amazing... But you can rid your problem with a fail-safe. Cheap, and easy to install
Old 10-13-2008, 07:51 PM
hhhs001

Hey Bud, if you wanna stop runaways due to low rx batteries or range issues, a cheap and easy way to do it would be a fail safe.

I got a venom one, for like $35AUD (which is like $25USD) at my LHS. Plug one end into the receiver, the other into your throttle servo, program the "fail safe position" (I got mine set at full brake) and test. Some fail-safes have a little button you press to set the position - just apply full brakes and press the bootan. Others have a dial you turn, which will turn the servo its connected to.

Turn the radio off to simulate a range issue and the servo should hit your defined position. Just be sure not to set full throttle as the fail safe position!! Hehe "we're out of control, GIVE IT MORE GAS!!"

My venom one even has a voltage monitor, so if the voltage in your rx circuit drops below 4.2 V it'll engage the fail safe. This should prevent low batt runaways.

I think the receiver for these fancy-pants 2.4 ghz systems is different to the crystal ones, so for each car you want to hook up to a 2.4ghz system you'd need a new receiver, which is a little dear I think.

I think the most affordable one at the moment is the 2 channel Spektrum DX2. Airtronix has a fairly reasonable one too.

Or you could go nuts and get the DX3R with 30 model memories! Which still isn't enough for your 7 million savages
Old 10-13-2008, 09:27 PM
madmax22

The only problem wih thte DX2 is the 3 model memory. Bud bud has around what is it now 9 savys?? and a couple more things, also a whole basement full of rc' carppola Im looking at the DX3.0 and the futaba crazy gizmo.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:55 PM
BudBud

It was the TX battery that went dead on one and it just went to idle and kept on rolling. The other went out of range and the same thing, a fast idle and kept on rolling. I am glad the one in the poison ivy did not die as it was completely covered by vegetation and I could not see the truck, just the smoking plants. [8D] At least my allergy level to the stuff is very low, as long as I do not scrub my skin or inhale the smoke, I do not break out. If I was not pushing the outer limits of the radio, neither one would have happened. Bud