Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Can any of the vets help me with ...

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 11:00 PM
IvanG
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can any of the vets help me with ...

replacing my break cam, step by step please? i know this question has been asked .. but i tried searching and i got nothing with a step by step guide? i know it's alot to ask for but im not that good with breaks... I've already got the tranny out, iam just having problems gettting the breaks just right. The piston keeps falling out! Help would be appreciated it! Im a huge fan of this site, i never had the question to ask, becuase everything else gets answered before i ask it. and like a good noob. I read before i ask thankx for ur time!
Old 10-15-2008, 12:13 AM
Parputt537

Default RE: Can any of the vets help me with ...

Lay the tranny on its side so the piston hole is facing up. Slide the cam in so the notch for the piston is facing up. Drop the piston is. Now you will have to put the brakes back on to hold the piston in. There is nothing to hold the piston in but the brake calipers. Hope this is what you were looking for.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:14 AM
BudBud

Default RE: Can any of the vets help me with ...

Sure! I would be glad to!

With the transmission in your hand, and no brake parts on, look at the two holes that hold your brake assembly on. The piston hole is next to the inside screw. Now take your brake cam rod and insert it into the transmission, watch as it passes by that hole. Rotate it so that the flat that the piston sets in is facing you. With that flat centered in the hole, install the piston. Then go ahead and install the rest of your parts. Whatever inside pad you have should hold the piston in the hole, whether it is aluminum or stainless. The piston is what holds that cam rod in. Bud