Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

setting mixture needle

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 12:15 AM
ptimer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default setting mixture needle

can any one tell me how to set my mixture needle it seems every time i run my car i have to re set the mixture needle
Old 05-28-2003, 12:28 AM
outluded

Default setting mixture needle

thats prolly normal b/c different temps can throw off your mixture
Old 05-28-2003, 01:44 AM
dbow
My Feedback: (1)

Default Needle setting

You should not have to re-tune every time you run. I run my MT-12's on the rich side, winter or summer they run fine under the same needle settings.
In some cases when I want a little more power I might turn the needle in a couple 1/8th turns.
Unless you have extreme climate changes you really should not need much adjustment. UNLESS! and thats a big unless.

If you are changing fuel, glow plug, gears, clutch, pipe, etc you will have to re-tune.
Any of the above will cause changes in the engine and require retuning the engine.
If you are changing/adding parts I suggest you go back to the manufacturers initial settings on the engine and start leaning it out until you get the right point.

Once you get everything set and are not changing anything you should really not have to change the needles. Maybe a 1/8th turn here and there on the main needle.

Be sure to let the engine warm up before making any adjustments and always give the engine time to exhibit the changes you make. When you turn the needle the engine does not react right away, make some laps and give the carb time to adjust the mixture.

Dbow