Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Hawk 100R Turbine - Users

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Hawk 100R Turbine - Users

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 11:59 AM
BIGBARPER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hawk 100R Turbine - Users

Gents Hi

Any users of the Hawk 100R turbine able to post some info about their experiences operating the engine, performance, flight times etc, the test data looks impressive and I am considering one.

Would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Phil.

Old 11-22-2008, 03:28 PM
Hasse B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hawk 100R Turbine - Users

I have a HAWK 100R in my Flash Composite ARF 2.2l of fuel. I drive the engine on kerosin end 1.5% two-stroke oil .
extremely rapid acceleration 2sek , fuel consumption, no heat problem in the modell,no power loss in hott weather and intensetive to air bubbles in the fuel line is the biggest different to other engins
Old 11-24-2008, 11:04 AM
younghs

The HAWK turbine is one outstanding piece of engineering! Performance has been flawless coupled with the great fuel economy, the ability to lubricate without turbine oil, tolerance to air bubbles and most important RELIABILITY. I am impressed enough to order a second unit in the near future.
The only thing better then the turbine itself is the factory support from Anders Wikman. He is there for you and is not satisfied until the engine operates as advertised.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:10 AM
E.N.T.
My Feedback: (1)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Will any of you HAWK owners post some photos and specs. of the engine. Also dealer and contacts.

Thanks;

Hector
Old 11-24-2008, 11:13 AM
Kevin Greene
My Feedback: (85)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Website????

Kevin
Old 11-24-2008, 11:41 AM
younghs

www.hawkturbine.com
Old 11-24-2008, 07:19 PM
RC_MAN
My Feedback: (11)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

It needs kero start
Old 11-24-2008, 08:24 PM
turnnburn
My Feedback: (49)

Why is this engine less likely to flameout from air bubbles ?
Old 11-24-2008, 09:03 PM
JRSmith
My Feedback: (47)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I am subscribed, any information on the turbine would be great. I am looking at putting one into my yellow f-15 arf. Everything looks great on the site and the video was great. What is US pricing on the unit? Take care.

Jason
Old 11-25-2008, 03:21 AM
wikman

ORIGINAL: turnnburn

Why is this engine less likely to flameout from air bubbles ?
Hi
The engine has not the regular small needels as injectors. We mix the fuel and the air into a mist long before it enters the "injectors"/ combustion chamber. This gives the benefit that the engine is insensitive to air bubels in the fuel line. Actually the only thing that happens when the air enters the engine is that the rpm is getting a little lower for as long as the air bubbels is delivered thrue the fuel line.

Other brand do mix fuel and air but much later in the process. The air and fuel is actally mixed in the vaporizing tubes situated inside the combustion chamber. So basically when no fuel enters there is a instant flame out with this system. That is why they are so sensitive to air bubbels in the fuel line.

I also get a lot of questions why the Hawk 100R has the rapid acceleration. The reason is that the acceleration is a result of the efficiency, as every body knows the Hawk 100R is the most fuel efficient engine in its class.

Anders Wikman Hawk Turbine, Sweden
Old 11-25-2008, 05:53 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 745 Likes on 539 Posts

Phil

We should have our 100R at Classic Jets on the 12th.
So far all of our dealing with Anders has been pure pleasure, a real gentleman.

regards

Dave Wilshere
Old 11-25-2008, 02:10 PM
Olafsson

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HI all!!
I have been running the Hawk since beginning, mine has serial number 002 . Its great engine that deliver what they are promising, I don´t have to have barrel with fuel with me to the flying field. Starting is easy, kerostat will come but they keep on gagging something that it have to work as reliable as the gas start so I hope that they will manage to that soon.
I have mine in the Skymaster L, 39, I have 10kg thrust installed, the plane is 15,5kg ready for take off, maximum speed is 270km/h , Verticals are limited, I prefer 1:1 thrust radio , now I´m moving the Hawk to Wild Hornet , I believe that that is perfect match for the turbine.
This engine is perfect for fast and overpowered planes as it takes less fuel than any other turbine on the market .
Mi opinion is that these guys is the only one that actually knows what they are doing and develops the turbine before they are starting to build prototypes, the rest of the pack is developing thru try and error. I have build mi own turbine with modifications , that is no too hard.
So as far as I´m concerned there is ONLY Hawk for mi project in the future, I only hope that they will develop a larger Hawk engine SOON!!
Best regards
Tomas
Sweden
Old 11-25-2008, 04:21 PM
BirdofpraY
My Feedback: (31)

Jason, I did the conversion with XE and it's 3,656.53 USD http://www.xe.com/