Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Fiber Classics Mig 29

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fiber Classics Mig 29

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2002, 10:38 AM
gustavo Campana
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiber Classics Mig 29

David:
Let me know when do you flight your mig.
Nose gear control servo, Mr Piyasin (tahiland) gave to me a very good idea... did you know? (crossing one pushrod betwen the axle rotaring screw, so the servo is on the one side of the fuse.
if you dont know about it, tellme I will send the explanation
from piyasin.
(about the side view, please, check any picture and you will see
at elevator position on the fuselage is more below , wing trailing edge is up of the elevator.... in the model the elevator is up of the wing line.... Im thinking to remove all and correct this problem.
(I must cut the elevator fuse shape and put below.
regards.
Gustavo
Old 06-03-2002, 11:20 AM
fred cesquim

hello Builders!!
nice to see you here Gustavo!

Marty, yes, i´m still painting the plane, there´s lots of details, pannelling shades etc, plus all the markings are being painted also.please, don´t tell my boss that i can build this mig in a week :-)

i received everything except the ecu, wich came later, but now i have the complet kit!

Gustavo, you put on hard time now! i´m a scale nut also and i will consider changin´ elev position too!!more work!!

all the best / Fred
Old 06-03-2002, 12:42 PM
gustavo Campana

fred:
thank you for your levely welcome
what colour scheme are you painting ?
where did you find the small markings....(danger....ejection....oil...no step ...etc).... I can not find it...

about elevator change.... Im thinking a lot to do it... impossible
to leave the servos at the same position.... hard work.

regards.
Gustavo
Old 06-03-2002, 01:37 PM
fred cesquim

hi Gustavo,
i haven´t started the mig yet, before i have to finish the sabre. i´m thinking of painting in the Zlovak air force or German a/f (both you can find in the Yeffin Gordon book.as i´m not the owner of the model, i have to wait for my client decision...
about the markings, i can make water slide decas for you(or anybody that wants) only thing i need is a good reference, like an plastic model 1/48 decal sheet.the decals i made are the same as of plastic models. i can send you pics of the finished work if you want. if you have good book rersource, let me know and i´ll see if i can make the decals for you..
about the servo positioning, i think that David had the same problem but sorted out, a´m i right David:-)?

best regards/Fred
Old 06-03-2002, 04:14 PM
F86_SABRE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FULCRUM WEBSITE

Hi,

Here is a good site for he Fulcrum fans that lurk around this thread. Plenty of information here which I hope you can use to make the F/Classics plane a morw wonderful machine.

http://www.astercity.net/~karol1/rysunkiang.html

Enjoy!

Regards

Reuben Saliba
Malta (Europe)
Old 06-03-2002, 04:57 PM
gustavo Campana

Reuben:
you are the best!!!!
very nice www page.....

regards

Gustavo Campana
Old 06-03-2002, 05:33 PM
Gordon_Dickens

Default Scale deviation in the MiG-29 models flying stab

Hi Gustavo and David,

I have examined my MiG-29 model, compared it to the scale photos, and I agree that the stabs deviate slightly from scale. However, it appears to me that the stab's pivot point itself may be mounted in the proper place and the fuselage faring that mates up with the front portion of the stab at zero trim is located too high on the model. At neutral trim, the flying stab is supposed to exactly abut the faring on the forward part of the stab. This slight error on the model’s fuselage would yield a horizontal stab position with too much “down trim” and would also result in the stab’s out-of-scale appearance that we have all noticed with the front of the stab appearing to be to high.

In other words, I think that the stab may be mounted at the scale location, however, that the fuselage faring for the front part of the stab is slightly wrong for zero trim.

Let me know if you guys agree. Also, I would suggest that one of us ask Fiber Classics their opinion.

Thanks,

Gordon
www.gajets.net
Old 06-03-2002, 07:35 PM
Gordon_Dickens

Default Check out 3-view drawings

Hi Gustavo and David,

Check out the drawings of the MiG-29 at:

http://www.astercity.net/~karol1/polmigiang.html

It appears that the Fiber Classics Model closely replicates these drawings of the flying stab and wing placements on the fuselage.

Let me know what you guys think.

Gordon
www.gajets.net
Old 06-03-2002, 07:54 PM
gustavo Campana

more
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	13098_8130.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	4573  
Old 06-03-2002, 07:54 PM
gustavo Campana

check this photos and after let me know your opinion.
regards.
Gustavo

Name:	13097_8130.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	4572  
Old 06-03-2002, 07:57 PM
gustavo Campana

so please compare this pictures with your fuse shape at
elevator join....(Im talking about leading edge),
please dont afraid, is just a very hi scale detail,
I want to build my airpalne for top gun or scale competition,
so that why a I will like to make more perfect possible..
thanks
gustavo

Name:	13099_8130.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	4574  
Old 06-03-2002, 09:05 PM
David Gladwin

Received 147 Likes on 95 Posts

Gentlemen,
I agree something is not perfect about this stab. position but I am not going to change it, there are too many other priorities on this model, well one big one !

It is possible that FC may have done this deliberately to house the stab servos. which are two ganged JR8411s. However progress marches on and if the stab is lowered the stabs could each be powered by a single Volz Alu Star 300 oz/in digital servo which means the lower operating arm on the stab. shaft could be deleted. Of course you also lose servo redundancy., your choice.

I did have to change the location of the stab servos in my kit (no 12) as the fin suport rods blocked the servo location. That end of the model is now all sorted. I will use the cable mechanism to link the intakes, many thanks Gordon.

I would love to receive details of the nosegear steering linkage and the system for centering the leg on retraction. I have identified the problem but havent worked out a solution !
Best regards,
Davod Gladwin
Old 06-03-2002, 09:13 PM
Gordon_Dickens

Hi Gustavo,

I agree that the full scale photographs appear to differ from the model. Upon reading your original post, I compared the model to several photographs and I came to the same conclusion that you did.

The model's fuslage faring for the elevator appears to be located too high relative to the wing and the side of the fuse. Do you believe that the elevator's pivot point is inaccurate as well?

I do think that its interesting that I was able to find full scale 3-view drawings that closely matched the model's elevator position.

Gordon
www.gajets.net
Old 06-04-2002, 03:11 AM
gustavo Campana

Gordon:
I understand the problem from fiberclassics. if you put the elevator in scale position, is very hard to put servos control,
the pivot point is in correct position (talking about top view)

to do: 1) I take out the fuse pivot tube, (remember one was out of position)
2) I will check if is possible change the position:
to think:
put more and less 1/2 inch down the pivot point. checking keep same elevator incidence and dhiedro.
if is that possible, full of tape the stab and try to mount the servos controls inside...(hard work),
I see probably is posible, if you let one servo in original position and the other in a oposite side.
if is that possible.... and your are agree with it... start to cut the fuselage elevator shape and glue 1/2 inch down....
sorry my english but I think you understand my idea.
what do you think??????
regards.
Gustavo
Old 06-04-2002, 06:55 AM
David Gladwin

Default Mig 29

More thoughts on the Mig. Gustavo and Gordon are both right. The left stab is about 1.5 cm too high at the tip or the right is too low ! Not sure which, but one is wrong . The fix is quite easy, just grind out the old tube and glue a new one in at the correct angle with about a tube of Aeropoxy (Even BVM will benefit from this Mig !)

The stab is in the correct position at the root, it is the root fairing which is wrong. I think one could cut away the fairing witha razor saw and re-glue it in the correct position with any reinforcing and repairs as neccessary. See photo of my Mig stab taken this morning.

Hydraulics. On refelection I think a hybrid system is the answer using air for everything except the gear. Using a hybrid means that any hydraulic problems such as leaks etc in the non-essential services do not compromise the landing gear operation. I always use a dedicated air system for landing gear only in my models with a separate system for brakes speedbrakes etc. and, anyway, we need air for the Mig brakes.
What do you guys think ?
BRG,
David.
Attached Images  
Old 06-04-2002, 11:28 AM
gustavo Campana

david:
as I can see in a photo... you put the root fairing more up ?
please check full size pictures, (I sent 3 to RC universe) the root fairing (fuselage shape is in the lower postion ....
I think you are wrong about the position... the axle is too high
if you see a 3 views, you can see exhasut nozzle betwen the elevator and the end of the fuse/rudder...
the only way to have this is change elevator position to down...

about hydraulics.... I tought about use air in the airbrake...
but , any way you have the most weight of the valves and pump
so, nobody make a complete air system....
the problem to make a air system is find the way to lock down the landings....
I dont have time to redesign the system.... so I will try to mount the hydraulic system.... looks very nice....
did you see the sonitronic air/hydro cylinders ?
I used it in my mirage.... and they work excellent.
regards.
Gustavo
Old 06-04-2002, 03:46 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Mig 29

Originally posted by David Gladwin

On refelection I think a hybrid system is the answer using air for everything except the gear. Using a hybrid means that any hydraulic problems such as leaks etc in the non-essential services do not compromise the landing gear operation. I always use a dedicated air system for landing gear only in my models with a separate system for brakes speedbrakes etc. and, anyway, we need air for the Mig brakes.
What do you guys think ?
BRG,
David.
I thought I posted this on the other thread this is what Rob Janiger figured out already??
Old 06-04-2002, 08:10 PM
David Gladwin

Yes it was !
I was agreeing, not passing it off as an original thought ! The hybrid has some very good advantages and this is the way I will go.
BRG,
David G.
Old 06-05-2002, 12:03 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by David Gladwin
Yes it was !
I was agreeing, not passing it off as an original thought ! The hybrid has some very good advantages and this is the way I will go.
BRG,
David G.
Sounds good, it was pretty early for me when I posted this morning :-(