Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

canopy glue

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 12:47 AM
musterpilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default canopy glue

Hi all I have been using a glue for my canopys from SELLEYS It is called selleys plastics glue it is the same as super glue but you don't get the fogging like supa glue try it guys
Old 11-29-2008, 01:52 AM
Ram Jet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: canopy glue

Most hobby shops that carry plastic models will also offer various versions of CA glue for canopies. Testors make some that you can order on line at Testors.com. Jet brand CA glue is fairly kind to clear plastic also even if not made for clear canopies.

Bill
Old 12-05-2008, 10:52 PM
rambler53
My Feedback: (494)

The stuff you can have confidence with is Pacer brand RC56 at most hobby shops, it's $6.99. It works, stays flexible, dries clear.
Another cheaper product I heard about but never used was the "wallcovering seam sealer" sold in white 4 ounce tubes from Home Depot, primarily used on wallpaper. A thread somewhere praised it as for canopy glue applications.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:37 PM
longdan

If you can get Sellys stuff, try Sellys Craft glue. It works a treat. It is basically the same as the pacer canopy glue, but much more readily available and a lot cheaper. Pacer canopy glue is basically PVA glue with a bit of acetoone or formaldehyde (i forget which) added to it. Sellys craft glue is the same. Works great. Dries crystal clear, stays slightly flexible and contrary to popular belief, won't peel off smooth plastic surfaces. I've used it to glue canopies onto covering film and never had it let go. I've got one that must be several years old and gets regularly soaked in exhaust residue, but is still holding on.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:42 AM
WEDJ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you would like a fillet around the canopy, then use RTV. For the "how-to", see page 14, posts 348-350 at the bottom here.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_65...14/key_/tm.htm

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70048.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	1085336