Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

got my first Giant plane.... could use some advice

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

got my first Giant plane.... could use some advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 02:49 PM
Jake Ruddy
My Feedback: (40)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: got my first Giant plane.... could use some advice

Guys I just deleted a bunch of posts... this is not a thread to debate switches - you have done that for 6 pages on the power expander thread. Please keep it on topic...
Old 12-19-2008, 05:51 PM
flatspinjim
My Feedback: (3)

But Jake, it was so entertaining
Old 12-19-2008, 05:58 PM
Jake Ruddy
My Feedback: (40)

haha, true maybe so. However all it will do is confuse this poor guy even more.

I will say I 3D'd 50cc planes with 2 Cermark switches, 2 NoBS 1400 packs with 18guage wire on them to standard plugs for 2 years without issues using 5945s, and 5995s.

My suggestion would be good batteries, good switches, and good servos. Don't over think it and buy the best servos you can so you can use them in a larger airplane. As for the rest, do some reading, there are several trains of thought and I dont think either side is really wrong. However this is not the thread for a huge debate and I would prefer to not have to clean it up all over again
Old 12-19-2008, 11:52 PM
clankford

Flyboy76 another thing to consider is your receiver if you have not already made the purchase. I lost my 100cc plane this summer due to a problem with my 9 channel Futaba receiver. I was wanting to switch over to 2.4 Ghz and purchase a module for my 9C. However, due to the $300 price tag I decided to go with another 9 channel PCM instead which would cost around $139 without crystal. Then at the last minute I discovered I could purchase a Spektrum DSM2 module and 9 channel receiver for the Futaba transmitter for $179. So for a few dollars more than the PCM I got the 2.4 system with 3 total receivers. You also have the option of adding a second remote receiver (4 total) for $29 and a data logger for another $29.

Like the Futaba 2.4 module the Spektrum only supports 8 channels with the 9C. With the Spektrum however you can plug 2 batteries into the receiver and still have all 8 channels available for use.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:15 PM
Flyboy76
My Feedback: (14)

I already have a 9 channel PCM on hand that i was going to use.

geoff