Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage is the best

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 09:52 PM
steed2-inactive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage is the best

Well i have gotten pretty used to the way the savage handle's so i decided to start jumping. the jump we were hitting was a snow bank in the local canadian tire parking lot. the jump had a perfect angle and a nice lip at the top it was about 5 feet tall. I started hitting it just easy and within minutes i was hittin 'er wide open.!! Man this truck is tough!! i paced it out and from the jump to the landing it was 68 feet.
Now thats a pretty big gap and it was probably 10-15 feet in the air! didnt break anything!! well yesterday i took it back to the same jump and started hitting it again and everything was great untill it came down hard on the front end. I broke both front right shock shafts . the shafts snapped of in the lower connector. i was surprised the steel snapped but the plastic didnt ..but then again plastic flexs and steel snaps or bends!

anyways i expected more than that and i am very happy with the truck.!!!
Old 12-29-2008, 10:29 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Savage is the best

ORIGINAL: steed2

Well i have gotten pretty used to the way the savage handle's so i decided to start jumping. the jump we were hitting was a snow bank in the local canadian tire parking lot. the jump had a perfect angle and a nice lip at the top it was about 5 feet tall. I started hitting it just easy and within minutes i was hittin 'er wide open.!! Man this truck is tough!! i paced it out and from the jump to the landing it was 68 feet.
Now thats a pretty big gap and it was probably 10-15 feet in the air! didnt break anything!! well yesterday i took it back to the same jump and started hitting it again and everything was great untill it came down hard on the front end. I broke both front right shock shafts . the shafts snapped of in the lower connector. i was surprised the steel snapped but the plastic didnt ..but then again plastic flexs and steel snaps or bends!

yah i know these things are bullet prooff its insade i've busted 3 shock safts all from screwy landings, and i was running 70 wt. oil, dumb idea don't do this (tower has the oil rating posted wrong so... ) but yeah thats where i busted my first and 3rd shaft, i wish i got a pic of my second (second and 3rd were from the same day but noticed the 3rd when removing the 2nd) i wish i had a pic of the 2nd totally destroyed shaft... bent 45 degrese then it finnially broke... this was with 70 oil off a jump 10 ft up flying 20ish ft and totaly buchering the landing

the lug
Old 12-29-2008, 10:40 PM
trickysavage

YA, you gotta love these trucks, I remember when I got my 4.6 (which has since been sold I have an xl now) anyways on with the story. I went to my friends as they had just bought there own nitros and we went to a construction yard. I managed to find a BIG pile of dirt and decided...what the hell these trucks are said to be tough as hell so I pinned the gas and she flew. Needles to say it went about 15 or more feet in the air not so far on distance but it was not till I landed on ONLY the front left tire that I broke the DOGBONE and NOTHING else. Needles to say that made me happy about buying the truck and had my friends thinking holy %$^$ how much abuse can this thing take

Glad to hear you are happy with the truck hopefully you will find some more jumps and have more stories to share
Old 12-30-2008, 12:47 AM
HPI_Savage_RC

I've been hearing about many cases of snapped shock shafts lately. I've never snapped one, but I've bent an entire set of 8. I wonder if HPI has switched to a harder steel?
Old 12-30-2008, 05:17 AM
Jager 247

happens more offen in cold weather. parts don't like to flex in the cold to well. don't get me wrong they break in the summer too, but i abuse the crap out of my rc stuff.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:54 PM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL...I'm sold on the fact of the tuffness of the savage,Back when I was the newest of newbie's,I got a used S-21,got it started fairly easy and after putzin in little circles to warm it up it was time to let'er fly... after 15 feet she took off...WOT.... across the lot,shifted into 2nd,then smacked into a curb,then it ran across the street,(still WOT), hit and climbed up a tree about 5',backflipped off the tree,ran back across the street,hit the curb again,and was now coming straight at me at about 35mph.... [X(] , I was like a deer in the headlites ('cept for the little puddle i was standing in) when it got to within 15' of me, i regained radio control and hit the brakes........ , (YES,I FORGET to raise the Tx antenaa)...... [:-] , the ONLY damage done was a bent front/center skid plate.... , TUFF ???? that is not the word for this truck... [8D]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63216.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	1099683   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pl32184.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	1099684  
Old 12-30-2008, 02:15 PM
jimmmy

ORIGINAL: steed2

Sounds like a savge to me![8D]