Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

i need help starting my car...

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 07:19 PM
pudniskool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need help starting my car...

i just bought the hpi nitro firestorm 10t yesterday, and i just cant get it to start, this is my first nitro car and i kinda hav no clue wat im doing, so any help would be greatly appreciated

my pullstart is kindof locked up and very hard 2 pull(except wen i take out the glow plug, then its very easy) and when i test the glowplug, the top ring doesnt light up, do i need a knew plug? or is there a problem with the igniter?
Old 01-03-2009, 07:30 PM
rmsmith

Default RE: i need help starting my car...

a couple of things to try, 1, make sure you are not flooding the engine. Second, crack the plug open to ease the compression. I had to do this with both of my HPI motors. Tighten the plug up after the engine catches.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:39 PM
pudniskool

ORIGINAL: rmsmith

a couple of things to try, 1, make sure you are not flooding the engine. Second, crack the plug open to ease the compression. I had to do this with both of my HPI motors. Tighten the plug up after the engine catches.
ok ill try that, i dont think im flooding the engine but im not really sure how to tell, and for #2 do i tighten the plug bak up while the engine is running?

Old 01-04-2009, 03:31 AM
rcguy1411

yes after its running tighten the plug if you have the engine manual check the needle settings the plug should be ok but if you still cant get it to run replace it
Old 01-04-2009, 07:12 AM
Smiff 24

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you set your needle, dont overtighten it at the bottom...it can damage the end !
when your engine is flooded it will be really hard to pull the rope ! ( or turn the motor )
if it is flooded just take the glow plug out, turn the car over & spin the engine a few times.
the fuel should pour out.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:40 PM
pudniskool

well i got it to start, but the break disc thing broke on like my 4th or 5th tank, i went and got a new one, but i cant figure out how to put it on, any advice?