Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

tight turn?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 05:58 PM
ChuckDeez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tight turn?

what causes more tight turn? I driven my tc4 and it turns wide, but when I drive the tt-01, it turns really tight. I'm looking for the tightness for my tc4. My theory is the narrow the track is, the sharper it turns. Possibly?
Old 01-07-2009, 06:02 PM
ChuckDeez

Default RE: tight turn?

Another theory just came into mind. I forget that the tc4 utilizes LSD type of diff where as the tt-01 uses open differential. Should I loosen the ball differential at the front for my tc4 to make tighter turns?
Old 01-07-2009, 06:23 PM
SIRCC

yes, you hit it on the head
Old 01-07-2009, 06:27 PM
ChuckDeez

which part?
Old 01-08-2009, 05:44 AM
Spetz

That you loosen your diff for a tighter turn
Also, try stiffening the rear suspension or softening the front suspension and keep a tighter diff
Old 01-09-2009, 03:34 AM
ChuckDeez

The part when I loosed the front diff did it for me. I enjoy it now. I never raced my tc4 before, but I became more interested after I tried out a tt-01 and decided to race. My tc4 was built for drifting so I tightened the diffs all around. I set the suspension to the same stiffness all around which is some what medium. I don't want it too stiff or it will understeer, I don't want it too soft, it would be too low. I tightened the rear diffs and turned out by 1/4. The front diffs I tightened all the way and turned out 3/4. It turns a lot better now and much rather race my tc4 than my tt-01. I'd let a new person that wants to race use the tt-01. hehe.