Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Why does my TB01 handle so much better?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 03:49 PM
Spetz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why does my TB01 handle so much better?

Hey guys,
I have a Tamiya TGX and a TB01, and the TB01 handles way better.
It's more controllable, more responsive, doesn't over or understeer, just seems to grip. And when I make it RWD or FWD it still has traction to accelerate pretty quick.
In contrast, my TGX when FWD or RWD has no grip to accelerate. In RWD form I have to feather the throttle, and in FWD it doesn't even have grip to get it past around 10km/h no matter how smooth I am on the throttle

And the TGX has better, wider tyres, tuned springs, shimmed suspension (no slack), swaybars and a good alignment. I also played around with the roll centre etc and it's handling much better than standard
The TB01 is all standard, has a lot of slack in the suspension and factory alignment with cheap tyres. All it has is more spring preload in the rear

The only thing is the TGX is more stable at high speed

Why is this? The TGX has a wider track as well, and is a bit heavier and when I put more weight into the TB01 it actually handles better

Is the suspension setup all wrong? Or is it just the chassis? How come it has so little grip in FWD or RWD form compared to the TB01?