Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

ECO 8 Al head problems

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

ECO 8 Al head problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2003, 04:50 AM
Section 8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECO 8 Al head problems

Hello,

one of the bearings in the flybar "tube" that supports the flybar refuses to stay put. It falls out, with any movement from the flybar. The heli hasn't been flown, but the head is a used part. Can I just glue it in there with a very conservative ammount of epoxy or something?

Another problem (I assume):

what keeps the flybar from moving during flight? It moves rather easily through the bearing holes. WHen I spin the head by hand quickly, it spins fine for a bit, then the light "ting" of the bearing falling out then "thunk" as the flybarslides towards the now "heavy" side where the bearing is farther out from the axis of rotation. servos are not mounted yet if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

Greg
Old 06-07-2003, 03:47 PM
Crawler
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECO 8 Al head problems

There should be a Flybar Arm on each side of the head to hold the Flybar from moving. The Flybar Arm attaches to a connecting Rod that attaches to mixing Arms just above the Swash plate. Also you use the Flybar Arm to Balance out the flybar.

If you have virbrations when you spin it up check the Flybar length on each side of the head. Make sure your Flybar is center .
Brad