Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Radio Problems from a newbie.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 12:27 PM
d3f3nd3r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Problems from a newbie.

Hello to all as this is my first post. After reading quite a bit on here I feel really retarded with the nomanclature that Ive come across. Here's my question: I own quite a few RC cars like a Nitro-4Tec I just got a Duratrax GP road nitro car and quite a few small 1/18 scale cars, and with all never came across any problems with my radio system supplied with the car whatsoever. Now I just recently purchase through the famed craigslist an HL brand 1/10 scale car (super sprint.) During the checking out process the car was taking a long time to "hook up" to the radio and the guy told me that the batteries were low-so whatever it turned on and there wasn't any damage to the car and looked in decent shape, so I purchased it for $85-who cares I know. Now I take it home clean'r up really clean lube here and there like I treat any of my other cars and I grab my rechargeables fresh off the charger and it was doing the same thing-kinda like it searching and nothing for about 5-7 minutes and I try swtiching crystals, playing with the remote checking the antenna wire and so forth and finally it hooks. It works like its suppose to but the point of where I pull the trigger to send it off there is a delay forward and reverse but the turning seems to be fine. I got frustrated with its performance even thought the motor is very quick once it gets going. I leave it for a few days recharge everything and take her out again and I come across the same thing, I tried re routing the antenna away from the power cable and the same thing happens I have to play with it for like 5-7 minutes unitl it "hooks" with the radio. I know this is long but any ideas I might've miss would be phoenominal.
Thanks alot and its been a pleasure here thus far.
Chris.