Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Airtronics MX3S

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 02:15 AM
crazychris7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics MX3S

Hey guys.. I bought my Airtronics MX3S 75 mhz radio about 3 months back and I'm haing some glitching probs with it. I had little like 3 sec runaways and then it'd catch itself and go back along how i want. I sent it back to Airtronics and 2 weeks later i get it back after they "realligned it" and said everythings ok. So i drop it back in my truck (Lightning Stadium RR) and its fine for maybe 3 laps before it glitches and throws my truck WOT into a barrier. It glitches like it did before i sent it in, so i pulled the radio out and put back in a old trusty am radio i had which i WAS NOT happy with. I'm going to call airtronics tomorrow and see what they say about it.. prolly tell me to send it back... i bought this radio the end of april and its always well taken care of, rx is taped up so no dirt will get in, packed in the radio box with tons of foam, everything... What would you guys suggest?

Chris
EDIT: I was told that since most of my antenna is inside the truck body that is covered with duck tape inside.. that may cause the glitching... true? I have about 6" of antenna outside the body tho...
Old 06-14-2005, 04:29 AM
Engrose

Default RE: Airtronics MX3S

ORIGINAL: crazychris7

Chris
EDIT: I was told that since most of my antenna is inside the truck body that is covered with duck tape inside.. that may cause the glitching... true? I have about 6" of antenna outside the body tho...
There is a reason why the antenna posts and the rx-antenna wire have the lengths they do. You have to get it outside the body and then my guess is that your problems will be solved.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:21 PM
vtec.

i have the same remote and i have the Saaaame problem. but once the receiver is out of the battery tray, theres no gliutching its weird. must be the vibrations n stuff. but mine glitches to where the wheels just shake a little. im prob gonna trade it or sell it :[
Old 01-19-2009, 10:09 PM
tonydig11

same problems here also. sold it on ebay for 75 bucks
Old 01-28-2009, 11:11 PM
vtec.

anyone else?
Old 02-17-2009, 04:42 PM
soccersousa

i have the same problem with MX3-S , at close or far distances , its practical new , i swiched with my stock traxxas remote , it works alot better now .

do 2.4ghz radios have this problem . . ?