Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Overpriced shipping

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Overpriced shipping

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 06:15 PM
scousethief

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overpriced shipping

Can you please tell me why it is $50 dollars to ship one of those cheap plastic bell 222 fuselages to the UK ? I have received similar sized items and only paid $10 and $15 dollars postage.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:24 PM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Overpriced shipping

They have to make thier money some where so they ad it to the shipping. That is the only thing I can think of why they do it.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:41 PM
Ram Jet

I just mailed two Great Planes Dead Center indicators to a friend in Autrailia for about $9.00 - the cost of one of the tools. Maybe the size of the box in your case? Anyway, it beats swimming. Ask the Cunard White Star Line the cost and estimated delivery date.

Bill
Old 01-25-2009, 06:58 PM
scousethief

I would say some of that was true until you get the shipping to inside the US which then becomes free shipping !! free shipping inside the US but $50 to the UK ?? 3X the items price ?? total rubbish , even offering free shipping means they must be making some money on the item or it wouldnt be worth advertising it, so to try and charge $50 for overseas shipping is a rip off . Is there no one from nitro planes here that could explain this to me or at least make the shipping more realistic , i also know there is no tax to pay for importing this as its price falls well below the taxable value.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:57 PM
bjor

Save yourself the $50 bucks and dont buy it. Got to love choice
Old 01-26-2009, 04:48 AM
scousethief

At the minute im not , for the same price i can buy a fibre glass painted fusleage but they are obviously heavier. Its a shame im sure theyd do a little more business if they werent so heavy on the shipping (as well as xheli ), oh well looks like im putting my money in to another chinese business, obviously American business is doing so well they dont need the extra custom
Old 01-26-2009, 08:54 AM
Prop_Washer2
My Feedback: (26)

bjor...hehehe....
Old 01-27-2009, 11:25 PM
nitrostaff1

see here: http://ircalc.usps.gov/IntlMailServi...&P=10&O=0&sd=1

John
Nitro Planes
Old 01-28-2009, 01:46 AM
opjose

ORIGINAL: scousethief

Its a shame im sure theyd do a little more business if they werent so heavy on the shipping (as well as xheli ),
Check the USPS and UPS shipping sites to compare costs, it sounds like you are going to be very surprised.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:27 AM
scousethief

Wonder why ive just bought the same item for the same cost and paid 18 dollars shipping hmmm ebay is your friend. I can quote as many expensive shipping items as you would like too , shipping the same item from one location to another can be upto 5x the cost depending on how you send it. Bye
Old 01-29-2009, 08:59 PM
nitrostaff1

Yes, most ebayer ship from china and HK and their rates and policy are very different than USPS.

John
Nitro Planes
Old 01-29-2009, 11:56 PM
opjose

Wonder why ive just bought the same item for the same cost and paid 18 dollars shipping hmmm ebay is your friend.
MAYBE because it's arriving to you from another location.

shipping the same item from one location to another can be upto 5x the cost depending on how you send it. Bye
Sure and also where you send it from comes into play.

There was one guy here complaining about how shipping to one city in Canada from California cost him five times more than to an adjacent city in Canada...

The difference was in the FedEx rates, not what N.P. charges... he had no FedEx base in his city...

He was complaining quite loudly until he actually bothered to check how much it cost HIM to ship stuff the other way... he was quite surprised.

Old 02-01-2009, 08:56 AM
Tavistar 1

I often wondered the same thing, case in point a certain 2 retailers obviosly using the same area code and phone numer to order from selling the identical arf (same item numbers) at 2 different prices and two different shipping costs. the lower cost for arf retailer charging more for shipping from same area by 18.00, the other retailer charging 30.00 more for the arf but 11.00 less for shipping. what's up with that?? [:@]
Old 02-03-2009, 01:46 PM
opjose

Sometimes the increase prices offset part of the shipping charges... pretty standard for a lot of businesses.

TH has pretty low shipping rates, but their prices are not the greatest. I'd rather have the lower price and higher shipping.

Old 02-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Tavistar 1

ORIGINAL: opjose

Sometimes the increase prices offset part of the shipping charges... pretty standard for a lot of businesses.

TH has pretty low shipping rates, but their prices are not the greatest. I'd rather have the lower price and higher shipping.

opjose , I have one even better , a dealer in my state is charging an obvious over price for ups shipping intrastate(400miles) on a certain size a/c while the 2 dealers in cali can ship the same size a/c from cali to my state 3,000 miles for 25.00 less, figure that one out. as far as TH goes , get on the super saver program you'll save on shipping and discounted prices.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:20 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: Tavistar 1

opjose , I have one even better , a dealer in my state is charging an obvious over price for ups shipping intrastate(400miles) on a certain size a/c while the 2 dealers in cali can ship the same size a/c from cali to my state 3,000 miles for 25.00 less, figure that one out. as far as TH goes , get on the super saver program you'll save on shipping and discounted prices.
Super Saver?

Heh... I'm a "Platinum Member", due to all the stuff I buy.

The TH "Discounts" are a joke. Here a buck there a buck... but nothing really substantial until you are spending thousands on an order ( Platinum member orders start at $500.00 ! ).

I've picked up better deals on Great Planes airplanes from an LHS, and coupled with not having to pay shipping, the savings were over 50% when the LHS had a sale...

-

Anyways shipping seems to have gone the same way as the airlines have... no rhyme or reason that can be comprehended by us mere mortals.

There's some logic in there, but figuring it out requires reading a handbook from the shipping companies.

Ugh!

Old 02-19-2009, 11:21 PM
Crashtruk

Dear Mr Nitroplanes

Just a thought.. Why not really look into internationalising you business. You could ship at a more competitive price, surley. You could ship large planes to international destinations at a reasonable price. You have a real hold on the market with you range of aircraft and the competitive pricing of your range. Only thing is, unless you live in the US there is no point even looking at the nitroplanes website. I just bought a cowl for my 60 mustang and it cost me $60au. I am not complaining, it was my choice. I am curious is going international something you wish to do?, or are you content with your business the way it is? I am in no position to tell you how to run your business, but if you ship from China to the US why can't you ship to Australia (it is closer). I mean this with the best intentions and only have our best intrests at heart. Your planes are good value and should be available to the whole world. Keep up the good work.

PS I recieved my cowl today, double boxed and in pristine condtion. Thank you.