Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more
Reload this Page >

Trying to decide between Subaru TT-01 and Subaru DF 03RA

Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Trying to decide between Subaru TT-01 and Subaru DF 03RA

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 11:35 AM
mail4ajo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to decide between Subaru TT-01 and Subaru DF 03RA

Thanks to this wonderful forum, I got my first nitro truck and completed breakin. I want to get an electric onroad/offroad shortly. I am trying to decide between a RTR Subaru TT-01 or the kit, Subaru DF 03RA.

The Subaru DF 03RA has higher ground clearance and is based on a buggy chassis. Works perfect for me as we dont have decent places in India to run a low ground clearance car. The issue is its a Kit and I dont have the expertise to build it.

I have the following queries:

1. Can I add pre-load clips on the TT-01 shocks to get more clearance? If not, what can be done to increase clearance to a decent level?

2. Will the Subaru DF 03RA's offroad rallyblock tyres fit the TT-01 wheels? If not, what the other options?

3. What is the max battery rating, I can use on the TT-01? Assuming I use a 4200mAh NiMh battery, what run times can I expect?

4. Does the TT-01 have adjustable body posts to avoid the body scrapping the terrain?

I wrote to Tamiya - US, Canada, Europe and Japan, didnt receive any response. Looking forward to hear from you
Old 02-21-2009, 11:46 AM
lee172

Default RE: Trying to decide between Subaru TT-01 and Subaru DF 03RA

you dont need expertise to build a kit, its very straightforward and you get a good knowledge of the working of the kit, the TT-01 is basic so go with the DF-03.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:22 PM
TIGER76

Go with the DF-03 kit theres no camparision between the TT and DF,the df is better in every way

And like Lee says tamiya kits are nice and easy to build up too [8D]
Old 02-21-2009, 12:29 PM
TIGER76

To answer some of your questions the TT does well on dusty gravel roads anything bigger involving lilttle rocks etc and it sucks m8 lol i have the TT and tried offroad so there no need to lie its a great little drift machine with hopups and can be used for speed runs but offroad it doesnt even touch the DF series,the DFs are great offroad and will go anywhere the TT cant,dont bother trying to upgrade the TT for offroad by highering the ground clearence etc just go with the DF

Tamiya kits are nice and easy to build step by step instructions even the manual lets you put the peices against the pictures for size comparison so dont worry about the build in a few hours it will be completed[8D]