Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Determining gas engine vs glow engine size

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Determining gas engine vs glow engine size

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 09:08 AM
winglift
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Determining gas engine vs glow engine size

Most of the standard models that you see out there are sized according to the glow engine requirement for that particular model, ie 4*60 or 4*120. My questions is this. What exactly determines the engine size? Is it wingspan, weight, or both? I am assuming the glow engine size units cu inches? Gas engines seem to be sized differently such as a Zenoah 26. How would I determine what the equivalent gas engine size that could be used on a plane, lets says its designated as a 90-110 (glow) size?
Old 02-27-2009, 09:18 AM
tomyrcmodels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Determining gas engine vs glow engine size

I choise engine depend on the weight .not the size. if I can balance the CG. I will put the biggest engine I can find and fly it .even oversize . like put 40CC gas engine on the plane that require 26CC for fly. over power are not bad because you can control the output youself .but less power not the good things to me

Tomy
Old 02-27-2009, 12:00 PM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Determining gas engine vs glow engine size

For the 4*60 the enigine to use would be the BME .90 gas which is a ST .90 converted. The 1.20 would work with a G20 or 26. They are not 3D planes and would be nice flyers with a gas engine.