Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

RC10 T4 pinion and tranny?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 04:50 PM
boova

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC10 T4 pinion and tranny?

I bought two of these t4s used from two different sellers. I took the gear cover off and had three questions:

1) the pinion gear is on in two different directions between the two cars. One pinion gear has its allen wrench screw to the outside away from the motor and the other has the allen wrench screw to the inside right next to the motor. Which is right?

2) how much space should exist between the pinion gear's teeth and the main big gear's teeth? Should they be tight together or allow some space as the gears turn to see some light between the teeth?

3) When the pinion gear and motor are undone from the big gear (pulled the motor out) should the wheels spin very freely or should there be some clicking and resistance as the wheels spin. So this would be the tranny either causing resistance or letting the wheels spin freely I'm guessing.

thanks
Old 03-08-2009, 09:07 PM
overrev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC10 T4 pinion and tranny?

1. You can have the pinion on either way as long as it lines up with the spur gear and tightens to the shaft.
2. The gears should always be slightly loose not tight.
3. The wheels should spin freely with no noise.