Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Fun Piccolo or Century Hummingbird?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Fun Piccolo or Century Hummingbird?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 04:38 PM
Dan00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fun Piccolo or Century Hummingbird?

Hi, I am stuck over which to get, the Fun Piccolo is cheaper though the Century I heard flies better. I am a beginner and would like to fly it outdoors sometimes if possible and obviously want the best flying characteristics and ease. Thanks.
Old 06-13-2003, 09:50 PM
Zflyer

I vote HBird over Pic, this Heli is tough and easy to set up
Old 06-14-2003, 09:12 PM
wildpalms

I've just gone with the Fun Pic, mainly as it was 2/3'rds the cost of the HB (I got the kit; quick build and nice to know how it went together for later work) and has plenty of tuning parts out there and from what I've seen of local Pics they are as tough as old boots.

From what I've read the HB has a slight edge over the Pic in ease of flying, but the FP versions of all of them suffer outdoors in any kind of air movement.

I don't think your going to go wrong with either choice.

Have a look at the local support for both as well, probably more likely to get spares for the Pic at your LHS.

--
Dave
Old 06-14-2003, 11:26 PM
S_Ellzey

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a Piccolo Pro and a freind has a Humming Bird that I have flown. The Pic pro can fly circles around the HB, but the HB is much easier to fly. Another freind has a stock Pic that we have not been able to get flying correctly, its tail motor seems to be shot.

Not a direct answer to your question, but as good as I can get.

Steven
Old 06-15-2003, 02:13 AM
jeffs555

Are the prices that much different in the UK? Everywhere I look here the HB is cheaper, either for the base heli kit, or complete with electronics.

The Pic Pro is a great heli, but comparing it to the HB is like comparing apples to oranges. It has CP and costs three to four times as much as the HB.

I would go with the HB, but either should be ok. The main difference seems to be that the HB has ball bearings where the Pic Fun has nylon bushings. You can get a ball bearing kit for the Fun, but it costs quite a bit. You can upgrade the Fun to CP, but it also costs quite a bit, and by the time you are ready for CP, your Pic Fun will be so beat up, you would be better off just buying a new Pic Pro.

Jeff
Old 06-15-2003, 09:54 AM
Dan00

Hi, ok thanks, thats what i originally thought, that buying a HB would be better off in the long run even though it costs a bit more than the Fun. Though the Fun has upgrades, does any1 know if the HB has any?