Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

New to r\c Heli's-Just a few questions??

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

New to r\c Heli's-Just a few questions??

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 11:28 PM
Jolt3500

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to r\c Heli's-Just a few questions??

Im brand new to flying of any kind, but am intrested in buying a small r\c hellicopter. I really have my eyes set on a cheaper piccolo, but as I said I am very new to all of this. Im 17 and have been racing r\c electric on-road cars with 8 turn motors for as long as I can remember. My main reasoning to fly r\c choppers is so that I can mount a wireless camera to the front just like my r\c cars have. Anyways some questions that I have are...

1. How High can piccolos fly and for how long
2. Where is a good online store that offers RTF (Cheap as possible)

3. Anyone know where to get light weight high quality COLOR wireless cameras (website??)

~Thanks for all your time!!
Old 06-14-2003, 11:51 AM
rototiller

1) I have no experience with the Piccolo, but I'd guess around 7-8 minutes with a NiCd/MiMh battery pack. I don't know how high it would go, but being small, you'd quickly lose orientation with it if it went very high. And you'd need a very calm day.

2) Check www.helihobby.com for the camera and the copter.
Old 06-14-2003, 07:15 PM
rscamp

Any R/C heli will go as high as you can see it to fly it. If you can't see it to control it, you can't fly it.

With a tiny heli, this won't be as high as with a large heli.

Rob
Old 06-15-2003, 01:16 AM
Jolt3500

Hey thanks for the info! Still thinking about if I want to get one or not. There a bit expensive, and sound like they break if your not all the best at flying them. I think for now Ill stick to racing rc cars. But anyways if anyone knows a good wireless camera site that offers a high quality picture at great distance for low price please list it. I was searching on google and found some 2000mw transmitter and recievers!!! But they cost like $300 and up!

Anyone got a better site?? List it!
Old 06-15-2003, 01:48 AM
jeffs555

Here is a link to a message board that is just for RC cameras, and has a lot of info about various wireless cameras. http://groups.msn.com/rccam/messageboard.msnw

Jeff