Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Mac Minarelli Engine

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 12:09 PM
Blazing Wings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mac Minarelli Engine

We are distributors for Mac Minarelli engines in USA. Offering full line of spare parts, wood props, exhaust systems, and of course service.
Visit our website www.blazingwings.com to find more information.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:25 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
Default RE: Mac Minarelli Engine

Blazing Wings,, is this Minarelli the same Minarelli that supplied a 170cc 2 stroke engine to the English motorcycle company "Cotton" in the late 60s and early 70s ??

Jim

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60241.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	1169286  
Old 03-30-2009, 06:02 PM
Blazing Wings

There is only one Mac Minarelli, and yes they have been in racing engines from the beginning. They also build parts, and engines for professional cart racing. I am sure they have also supplied engine to the motorcycle industry.

As far as the engines go, they are very smooth running, and extremely reliable, no shaking, no vibrating. We are fitting them into all our planes, and offer them as a combo.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:38 PM
rcdude7
My Feedback: (264)

Spam??
Old 03-30-2009, 08:55 PM
Blazing Wings

ORIGINAL: rcdude7

Spam??
What Spam?
Old 03-30-2009, 09:26 PM
rcdude7
My Feedback: (264)

ORIGINAL: Blazing Wings

We are distributors for Mac Minarelli engines in USA. Offering full line of spare parts, wood props, exhaust systems, and of course service.

I'm not the RCU police here but, you don't think this is unfair to the people who pay to advertise on this site?
Old 03-30-2009, 09:54 PM
LanceLKs

These engines seem a little heavy, underpowered and expensive. Can you give us some more info on them? What are their strong points?
Old 03-30-2009, 10:14 PM
Blazing Wings

ORIGINAL: rcdude7

I'm not the RCU police here but, you don't think this is unfair to the people who pay to advertise on this site?
Everyone is advertising their new products on RCU or other forum sites. I am not advertising here with prices. And this is not advertising, only an annoucement.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:33 PM
Blazing Wings

ORIGINAL: LanceLKs

These engines seem a little heavy, underpowered and expensive. Can you give us some more info on them? What are their strong points?
The engines are actually less expensive then the other pro brands out there. They are underpowered, but the most reliable ones, and thats what makes them popular. In Europe most use those engine, for their scale products, and a little nose heavy is needed, especially for scale war birds. The strong points are, that they are very reliable, no vibration, very smooth running.
MacMinarelli has been producing pro racing engines, for karts, racing boats, motorcycles, and rc planes. They have a wide knowledge in the engineering of racing engines using CAD and CNC production. MM deliberatley saved on power, and prefered to make their engines long lasting, low vibrations, instead of other manufacturers to get the most out of each engines, with short life span. Also the start up is very easy, compared to other engines.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:10 PM
the Wasp

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts

I rather have these Minarelli engines than many others on the market !!

"under powered", ,
the carb on their 42cc looks to be smaller than many other brands in the same size, if you want more power you can simply install a larger/higher breathing carb,,

over weight,,
heaver than some but not the heaviest !!

expensive,,
they seam to cost more than some but not as much as others,, Moto Minarelli has been manufacturing engines since the 60s or longer, I'm quite sure they are a better made engine than some costing less..
Old 03-30-2009, 11:55 PM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Regarding the advertising. One can view several high page count threads on RCU that are used just as much for advertising as they are for informational purposes. Can't fault Mac at all for being direct.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:50 AM
tkg

Since Tower did a number on the Mac engines, we have lots of calls of people looking for stuff for them. Its nice to have a source to refer folks to.
The orginal post seems OK to me
Old 03-31-2009, 01:21 PM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a number of AvioMac twins (70cc, 85cc and 125cc) since the Tower Hobbies days of importing them. The 70 and 85 now have some time on them and they are indeed smooth, reliable engines. They are weighter than comparable engines but in some instances not by much. Power wise they will turn props that many designer engines will choke on.

3D flyers need to look elsewhere but for IMAC pattern, scale and all around sport flying these engines provide great power, trouble free operation. Zenoah is considered tops in user friendly, reliable engines. AvioMac's fit into the same category.

Bisson makes great fitting mufflers but you need to special order them. They still have the patterns and will make what is needed.

Glad to see availability of these engines again.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:00 PM
RTK

Who makes the 50cc Katana on your web page?? Sabistini??
Old 03-31-2009, 08:08 PM
Blazing Wings

ORIGINAL: RTK

All giant scale planes are made by us, including the Katana. I have a white Katana available for discounted price. If you have interest, send me a PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:26 PM
jedijody

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: RTK

All giant scale planes are made by us, including the Katana. I have a white Katana available for discounted price. If you have interest, send me a PM.
Are you saying the ARFs are built in San Antonio, Texas?
Old 03-31-2009, 09:18 PM
Blazing Wings

At this time all our planes are built in China, with our Know How, and design. We work with several professional pilots on our planes, to offer a top quality plane. We do build spare parts, service, building, repairs, and custom made parts or wings in San Antonio, TX.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:23 PM
qldviking

I like the quality of these engines too, I still have an older 70cc twin which still runs very well, and spins a bigger prop than listed quite well, and while not quite in the 3w class for power it has been the most reliable engine in my collection. very easy starting, and oh so smooth running at all revs. Its nice to see a great guy dealing with these great motors, I have just bought my 4th airframe from him and the service and quality have been top notch