Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

SLASH W/ DX3.0....NO BRAKE NO REVERSE!!!!!!!!!!??????????

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

SLASH W/ DX3.0....NO BRAKE NO REVERSE!!!!!!!!!!??????????

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 03:32 PM
u)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLASH W/ DX3.0....NO BRAKE NO REVERSE!!!!!!!!!!??????????

hey guys,

I just got my Slash and am using a 3s 3850 11.1v lipo and my Spektrum Dx3.0 and have tried calibrating the ESC and everything and have no brakes and barely any reverse???? what gives? when i calibrate it, forwards calibrates fine, but reverse wont calibrate. Its like theres not enough reverse travel on the DX3.0, like your finger cant go far enough forward..

i also use this raido with my ax10 crawler and original rc10 AE buggy and have no problems with reverse, have all the reverse in the world with those 2 models.

Do i just need to get a better ESC or what?

Thanks for any help ahead of time, I appreciate it!
Old 02-02-2009, 08:13 PM
Druss

Default RE: SLASH W/ DX3.0....NO BRAKE NO REVERSE!!!!!!!!!!??????????

Are you using that 3S lipo on the stock esc?
Old 02-03-2009, 08:54 AM
u)

yes I am I know its too much juice but its quite abit quicker and when it gets hot i just let everything cool down. besides that it has a thermal shutdown for excessive heat and its never cut out yet.
i only run it for about 5 mins at a time and not very hard.

any ideas for some brakes??????????????????????????????? going fast is fun with the lipo but useless if you cant stop![:@]
Old 02-05-2009, 12:10 PM
BigTb17

Do you use a different receiver in the other models, or do you use the same one? If you use different receivers try taking a receiver out of another model and try setting it up in your Slash. If it works you probaly have a bad receiver. If it responds the same way you probably have an issue with your ESC in your Slash. Traxxas is usually good about repairing/replacing bad ESCs, but since it isn't rated for 3s Li-Po you may not have any luck with that route.

Good luck.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:00 AM
myst38

Try reprogramming the ESC after you do the following with your radio.
Adjust the EPA on your spektrum tx to its maximum for forward and reverse. If i remember correctly, its 125%.
Then try to program the ESC and see what happens. Worked very well for me.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:40 AM
u)

tried this and it helped very little doesnt even stop the wheels from spinning even if i hold it off thr ground its weak!!
Old 03-31-2009, 06:32 PM
Velocity-8
My Feedback: (15)

ORIGINAL: ThAt GuY120

tried this and it helped very little doesnt even stop the wheels from spinning even if i hold it off thr ground its weak!!
Did you find a solution? I just put my DX3.0 radio in my otherwise stock Slash and I have the same problem.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:59 PM
Velocity-8

Well, I figured out that setting the Grip A trim to 125% brake allowed for full reverse and I could reset the ESC.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:09 PM
u)

I set the throttle end point to 125% brake gave me an extremely extremely small amount of brake. even if i hold the back tires in the air it still isnt enough to stop the tires hardly at all and when the trucks actully moving you dont even notice, its just as if you just let off the throttle and never touched the brakes and just coasted to a stop.

I have a decent ammount of reverse just still no brakes, and the esc is in i guess you would call it normal mode. 100% forward 100% brake and 100% reverse its not in training mode and definately not in race mode because i do have reverse.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:47 PM
Velocity-8

ORIGINAL: ThAt GuY120

I set the throttle end point to 125% brake gave me an extremely extremely small amount of brake. even if i hold the back tires in the air it still isnt enough to stop the tires hardly at all and when the trucks actully moving you dont even notice, its just as if you just let off the throttle and never touched the brakes and just coasted to a stop.

I have a decent ammount of reverse just still no brakes, and the esc is in i guess you would call it normal mode. 100% forward 100% brake and 100% reverse its not in training mode and definately not in race mode because i do have reverse.

I had some reverse too but not full reverse. The light on the ESC should be solid green when full reverse is active. Try turning on the TX and push the orange Grip A button to 125%.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:54 AM
yokomo_drifter

if its the xl-5 your your lucky you didnt fry it cause its not 3s lipo compatible 2s and still not stable and you should invest in a lipo cutoff its like 25.00 at towwerhobbies.com