Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Tunning Problem (With Video)

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 02:37 PM
rumotech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tunning Problem (With Video)

OK guys I just got this XL and I am having a little problem getting it tunned. I tried richining and leaning out the HSN a little but both showed no results. I am sure this is an elementary problem I am having, just looking for some feedback. I did not have my temp guage that day at the park which would have helped me tune her. Based on the video what do you guys think it is? This is at wide open throttle in the video.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8e_O578L24[/youtube]

Old 05-17-2009, 03:12 PM
mikel05
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Tunning Problem (With Video)

is the carb staying open it does not sound like it? it sounds like the servos not holding open, if the carb is staying open like that then you got a fuel problem
Old 05-17-2009, 03:25 PM
hilifemt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like the throttle servo is out of wack, or glitching really bad.  I would check that first
Old 05-17-2009, 03:27 PM
rumotech

Thanks Ill look into it. Would make sense because the tunning I was doing was not making a difference.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:46 PM
sparky 25

Sounds to me like you need to reverse the throttle control function on the transmitter,

As i have got a transmitter with anABS function where the servo pulses when i use the brake

it really does sound like your servo is pulsing.

if you reverse function on the controller it may fix this issue, hope this helps.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:04 PM
JesseJames

I think your throttle servo is glitching. Turn off receiver and operate throttle by hand. see if that helps. That may rule out a tuning issue
Old 05-17-2009, 06:37 PM
rumotech

Well it must have been the throttle servo glitching because today I tried to power up to do some troubleshooting and it looks like either my radio or receiver is bad. I just got this truck off a guy on RCU so I guess I should have anticipated something to not work properly.