Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

i wanna make a racing savage

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 09:49 AM
s5bubz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i wanna make a racing savage

what do i need to do to my savage to make it into a racing savage ,ive already goty a picco and a tuned pipe but i wanna make it go around corners better, i know that means new shocks and tyres but wich ones, also is there anything else i should do
Old 05-19-2009, 11:22 AM
CrysisFX

Default RE: i wanna make a racing savage

this is what i did to mine

http://www.hpieurope.com/walk.php?lang=en&id=20

i didnt do it all at once but i slowly upgraded to it. i also am using an lrp 28.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:21 PM
webdr

Default RE: i wanna make a racing savage

First thing to do is lower the ride height. I took out all the spacers, then added small spacers until the a-arms were parallel to the ground. That should be a good height to start with.
My flux had 30 weight oil in the shocks, I changed it to 50wt in the front and 60wt in the rear shocks.
You can add some thicker diff fluid to the front and rear diffs formore positive locking action.
I added 2.5 degrees of negative camber front and rear. Even with the heavier shock oil, the Savage likes to lean over in the turns so the camber increase really helps.

I dont think you need new shocks, just tune the ones you have so they are more firm for racing. A nice set of pin tires will help in the corners as well.