Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

clutch maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 05:26 PM
barrydidntknow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch maintenance

So here are some pics of my clutch shoes from all side as well as the inside of the CB, and the fly wheel. I think the shoes just need some cleaning up of the toe nails on each side but the wear on top seems excessive to me and I am not sure what to make of the inside of the CB and obviouse where on the fly wheel. I am a newb to clutch care so please any suggs and even if you have pics of what they should look like when Im done would be great. Thanks.

Inside of shoes, near fly wheel

Tops

Outside next to CB

Fly wheel

CB

Got a nice new camera, sony dsc-h50, good video on it as well. cant wait to post some bash vids and pics.

Old 05-19-2009, 05:29 PM
barrydidntknow

Default RE: clutch maintenance

Actually now that i see the pics on the monitor the clutch looks like it is in pretty bad shape to me......help please.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:30 PM
BudBud

Take a file ot your Dremel tool and knock off all of the burred edges. I like to bevel the flywheel side at about a 45 degree angle, so as the shoes wear, they do not drag the as rapidly. I use a sanding drum to clean out the clutch bell. The shoes look great, just need cleaned up on the sides and ends a little. You can see that they have been dragging on the inside face of the clutch bell, not a big deal, just square them up again. Glen
Old 05-19-2009, 07:39 PM
barrydidntknow

Thanks Glen. Gonna take care of it real quick and try to get a couple tanks in befor dark. Its funny I can almost c the increase in power from the picco from tank to tank. If I can get my wheel wobble problem worked out Ill be all set after about 5 more tanks. That will be 1.5 gallons through this monster........then I can really tune her and find that wheelie bar more frequently
Old 05-19-2009, 09:51 PM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

I just use a decent knife to debur the shoes.