Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Throttle Engages the brakes

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 11:40 PM
01s0uljah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Engages the brakes

I've just installed the dual fibre disc brakes (pink) on my XSS and they have some serious stopping power.. But it seems tho as if IPress the throttle.. the brake engages as well..

Whats my problem here?
Old 05-16-2009, 01:48 AM
spiftacu1ar

Default RE: Throttle Engages the brakes

The brakes are engaged regarless of which direction the lever goes. When applying the throttle, the linkage for the brake should not move much. If it moves the vertical bar (the linkage connected directly to the piston thing) past the vertical position it may engage the brakes by pushing the rod in the other direction. An incorrectly set up throttle mod could cause this (the ofna throttle mod, if the stoppers are placed incorreclty) or if the linkage is bent such that it does not slide freely inside the horn on the stock linkage.</p>

Post a video of you going from neutral to full brake to full throttle, back to full brake, and to full throttle again. (while the truck is off), this will make it easier to diagnose.</p>
Old 05-16-2009, 09:24 AM
01s0uljah

I've got the stock linkage set up and I've got fuel tubing on both sides of the linkage so theres no slack.. I'm going to try remove a bit of the fuel tubing from the right side so it doesn't move when hitting the throttle.. I'll post back with updates
Old 05-16-2009, 08:48 PM
TAKZILLA

remove the fuel tube completly to the right of the servo arm. the only peice of fuel tube you should have is to the left or should I say between the servo horn &amp; the adjuster nut. hpe this helps
Old 05-17-2009, 07:03 PM
spiftacu1ar

ya, you should only have fuel tubing on the side the engagfes the brakes. You don't want the linkage to move with the horn in the other direction.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:35 PM
SAVAGEBANE

quick question...when you replace the stock spring with fuel tubing on the throttle servo..is it the same length as the spring or do you cut the tube longer so that the linkage is snug?
Old 05-20-2009, 08:59 PM
01s0uljah

Thanks for the help guys.. Figured it out and did exactly what you guys told me..

And for SAVAGEBANE, It doesnt have to be exact length.. You can always adjust the brake by twisting the plastic cap at the end to adjusting the play in between the spacing..