Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Exceed RC F-18C 4-Channel 70mm EDF R/C Jet (Reciever Ready)

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Exceed RC F-18C 4-Channel 70mm EDF R/C Jet (Reciever Ready)

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 09:54 PM
sacrilage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exceed RC F-18C 4-Channel 70mm EDF R/C Jet (Reciever Ready)

Hey all,

So I bought my first RC plane since I returned from deployment (its been a long time since I've been flying) and I bought the<span style="font-weight: bold;"> F-18 Exceed RC EDF Jet, Reciever Ready.

http://www.nitroplanes.com/exrcf4edfrcj.html

</span>I seem to be having some issues getting it to work, and while it may be the plane, it is more than likely me, so I am begging some assisstance. I am using a 6 channel Hitec Optic 6 transmitter and an associated 8 channel (7+1batt) reciever, both 72 Mhz. When I hook the battery that came with the plane up to the plane, the motor starts to beep every 20 seconds or so, but I can't get the reciever to power up no matter which of the 5 contacts I hook up to any of the reciever slots.

I've read online that there may be problems with the ESC, but since the given manual doesn't explain setting up the TX RX in the plane, and I can't seem to find a manual ANYWHERE, either on Nitroplanes or the web, I really could use a hand, either finding a manual or finding an answer.

Thanks in advance,

Travis
Old 05-21-2009, 11:49 PM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Exceed RC F-18C 4-Channel 70mm EDF R/C Jet (Reciever Ready)

SSGT Here Welcome home It sounds like you have it in program mode. Do you have the ESC pluged in to the throttle port? Okay when it starts to beeb you should push the trottle stick on your radio all the way up and then down and then it should make some beebing and then stop. You should have power to all the servos and the motor. Give it a try and let us know what happens okay?
Old 05-22-2009, 02:32 AM
opjose

The ESC will beep like that if does not see a signal from the receiver.

First verify that your receiver and radio are working properly.

Hook up a servo to one channel on your receiver, then hook up a NiCD pack to it. Nothing else should be plugged in.

You should be able to make the servo move.

Move the servo through each of the channels and check.

Remember that your TX could also have the throttle channel inverted relative to what the FA 18 ESC expects...

Old 05-28-2009, 01:00 PM
hyperdyne
My Feedback: (6)

I have a different question, bought the arf kit and got it all built up. Followed all instructions regarding CG and trim.

The plane flies but noses up badly and stalls when power is removed. Basically you cant land it without half throttle or the thing noses up and crashes. Why is this happening? Is the posted CG correct?

Old 05-28-2009, 01:13 PM
opjose

Nosing UP when you pull off the throttle is a sure sign that the C.G. is incorrect.

But to be sure that this is not merely a trimming issue ( too much UP trim ) fly the plane high, and then turn it upside down.

While holding it level upside down, let off on the throttle completely. Make sure you do NOT move the elevator stick when you do this.

If it also noses up inverted, the C.G. is wrong.

If it dives FASTER when you pull of the throttle, then the problem is too much up trim.

I fly mine at the stated C.G. and it flies great where they tell you to put it.

It sounds like you are not measuring the C.G. from the correct location.