Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Zirolli DC-3

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2003, 11:12 AM
cmsrp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zirolli DC-3

I have recently picked up a Zirolli DC-3, partly built, with plans and all the fiberglass.
What I'm wondering is, was there ever a constuction article about this plane; Or do the plans usually come with construction tips from the Zirolli's????

Any thoughts please...
Old 06-20-2003, 10:56 PM
Big_Bird
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Zirolli DC-3

I've built 2 Ziroli Corsairs and one Ziroli B-25. I don't know about the DC-3 but the building instructions are very minimal. If you have built wooden planes before from kits or plans then his DC-3 should be no problem. It's just bigger. His plans are pretty detailed. If there were any instructions that came with his DC-3 maybe someone who has built one can supply you with them.

Good luck

Ken
Old 06-21-2003, 01:07 AM
cmsrp

Default Zirolli DC-3

Thanks Ken

I have sent an e-mail to Zirolli, so we will see what he has. But if anyone has any written info, I would be real interested.
Also, the plans I got with it are really faded and water stained; I'm not sure I want to get another NEW set, so if someone has a used set in good condition that they want to sell, please let me know...
Old 06-21-2003, 02:20 AM
laserlizard
My Feedback: (29)

Default laser cut parts

If you need any laser cut parts for that bird, email me. I have the ribs and formers traced off into cad.