Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

trouble with a tempest speed controller

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 01:09 PM
motorpsycho_13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trouble with a tempest speed controller

i recently aquired a new car... the problem is that i cant get the motor to go forward... the front wheels turn side to side and the car jerks when i turn it on... the wires all seem to be connected properly... there are 2 small red wires that are coming out of the speed controller that look like they are cut... and the only place left to plug anything in is the #2 channel....im stumped... btw the car is an hpi rs4
Old 05-29-2009, 08:24 AM
mazdaprotege4
My Feedback: (32)

Default RE: trouble with a tempest speed controller

This may seem like a stupid question, but is the battery fully charged, or is it possibly bad?  I know that with my e-maxx if it is not fully charged I will get steering and the light on the ESC will light up, but it will not move. </p>
Old 05-29-2009, 11:20 AM
motorpsycho_13

Default RE: trouble with a tempest speed controller

it was charged....it turns out that the connector that i had hooked up in the battery terminal in the reciver was supposed to be in channel 2 and i messed up the settings on the speed control while trying to figure it out.... but all is well now and the car runs great...thanks