Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Getting Back Into RC and a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 12:42 AM
VhTriv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting Back Into RC and a few questions

Well a few years ago I bought and put together a Tamiya TA05 and its been sitting around since I started college, but now i wanted to get it going again. I was looking at a new radio, esc, batteries, and maybe a new motor. I was hoping Icould get some advice on some inexpensive but good quality esc's, radios', motor's. And I was looking at LiPo batteries so also a good battery or two. I do not have a huge budget and not exactly sure what I want to spend since i'm still in college I am just trying to get ideas!! Any help would be much appreciated
Old 06-10-2009, 03:30 PM
ephatch510

Default RE: Getting Back Into RC and a few questions

How much u looking to spend?

Ithink a EZrun BL system, a few zippy lipos, thunder AC charger, and futaba magnum radio would be pretty budget frendly.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:57 PM
VhTriv

Old 06-10-2009, 05:10 PM
VhTriv

I'm not positive yet how much I want to spend but I took your advice and found EZRUNBrushlessSystem Combo B2 w/ 35A ESC& 9T@4300KV 3650M Brushless Motor for 1/12, 1/10 on-road racing on the website www.nitrorcx.com/ezrun-brushless-system-combo-b2-w35a-esc.html and was wondering if that was good and also what kind of LiPo (size) i can safely use with it.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Druss

You can use any size you want that's 2S or 3S and physically fits in the car.  This typically means 2S 5000mah is the largest.

Again though, how much is your total budget.  You didn't mention that you also had to get a lipo specific charger.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:26 AM
VhTriv

Yes the budget is still up in the air but maybe 200 to 300 I still can't decide haha but the less the better . But ya I also do need a charger so any suggestions on that would be awesome and thanks so much for the help so far !!
Old 06-12-2009, 03:50 PM
Druss

I'm a heli guy so I have chargers from that.  The one I use the most is the Thunder Power TP 610C.  It's a great balancing charger with all the functions you need and handles up to 6S at 10amps.  It's a DC only charger though so you'd need a power supply.

I hear a lot about Hyperion AC/DC chargers, never used one but make sure that you get the correct balancing adaptors for it.