Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

wren supersport

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

wren supersport

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 06:17 PM
new2jets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wren supersport

hi bought a ss about a year ago had 44 starts and it went **** up ,wren put it right but had it three weeks and now had three good flights with it and same problem ,fuel pump ,wren now have had my pump since scampton meet and cj coming up still no pump did`nt fly at cj last time because of same problem . should have gone jc from were i am sat ?. so much for after sales back up. any one else had this problem?

cheer`s

Nigel
Old 06-11-2009, 12:31 AM
Eddie P
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: wren supersport

It's hard to tell from where I sit as to what your issue is with the engine. Fuel pump?

I have a Supersport as well as a Jet Cat P-60SE. Both engines work equally well. I've had the Jetcat for longer, and I've also had it in the shop for upgrade service. The Supersport has never had an issue (yet). All I can say is when a turbine has an issue or is being upgraded - and it's in the middle of flying season - sometimes you will have to wait longer than desired for service. I've had to wait for service and watch flying opportunities pass me by. It's very frustrating. Only so many techs and hours in the day and the line up can get backlogged. But possibly you can begin some dialogue with the service center and get some sort of clear picture as to what the issue is and then go from there in getting it all settled out. Good luck!!
Old 06-11-2009, 01:57 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Sorry to hear that, Wren is usually terrific at support. I run 2 supersports and they work flawlessly though one has had its Hausl pump replaced under warranty. I gather JC also use Hausl pumps and JC has a reputation for very slow service so you wouldn't necessarily have been any better getting a JC than a Wren!
H. (also in Cheltenham!)
Old 06-11-2009, 02:58 AM
Jet Doctor

Hi Nigel

I have had my Supersport for almost 3 years now and more than 300 flights and is still going strong. Another 2 at the club without problems.

Have you given Sara a call?
Old 06-11-2009, 03:10 AM
jason
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: new2jets

hi bought a ss about a year ago had 44 starts and it went **** up ,wren put it right but had it three weeks and now had three good flights with it and same problem ,fuel pump ,wren now have had my pump since scampton meet and cj coming up still no pump did`nt fly at cj last time because of same problem . should have gone jc from were i am sat ?. so much for after sales back up. any one else had this problem /

cheer`s

Nigel
Just out of intrest, when you say "about a year ago" was it more or less than a year when you had the problem and did Wren replace the pump under warranty without any charge to you?

jason
Old 06-11-2009, 03:26 AM
WrenTurbines

The original pump was replaced free of charge. The replacement worked well when tested with the engine here at Wren, and also worked for four flights after the customer got it back.

We have had the pump here for several days, for testing, and although there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it we are sending out a new pump today.

Sara Parish
Wren Turbines
Old 06-11-2009, 06:24 AM
davo580

two weeks is that all. I sent my ecu ?fadec to wren two months ago and still still waiting.. it was not showing a temp
Old 06-11-2009, 06:37 AM
WrenTurbines

Is your ECU the Xicoy one in the gold aluminium case which came in via our Australian dealer? I told him it hadn't originally been sold by us but had come direct from Gaspar (it said Xicoy not Wren on the label and we don't use that version of the FADEC). However, I sent it to Gaspar with some of our repairs, and he's returned it to me now, repaired. I was going to send it with the next box to Australia but I can post it directly to you if you prefer. I've sent a PM.

edit: for some reason the PM wouldn't send, can you please contact me on info(at)wrenturbines.co.uk

Sara Parish
Wren Turbines
Old 06-11-2009, 07:12 AM
davo580

sorry sarah tried to pm and your info site but comp would not let me
yes you can send it to brian and i will pick it up from him
many thanks for a job very well done. if you rember me from last year i sent my turbine back to you. it took  awhile to be fix because of the xmas o7/08 break but when i got it back it ran beautiful until this little problem
many thanks
from david brookes
Old 06-11-2009, 07:13 AM
davo580

oops sorry again sarah it is the xicoy in the gold case
Old 06-11-2009, 07:36 AM
Duncan

2 weeks !!!!! trying sending it to jetcat and you'll be waiting 6 weeks.

My supersport has been faultless and a joy to own, especially for someone new to jets. Sara and co have always been happy to answer my questions on the phone

Duncan
Old 06-11-2009, 08:26 AM
Jim Cattanach

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have always had the best of service from Wren & they always try to keep the repair costs to a minimum.
I have 1 MW54, 2 Supersports & an MW44 gold.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:25 PM
GrayUK

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><span style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 9pt">Sorry to hear about your problems but I can say that I have had nothing put perfect service from Wren, fast and efficient at all times and a pleasure to do business with.
I am sure Wren will resolve your issues as quickly as is possible.

Paul</span></p>
Old 06-11-2009, 03:01 PM
HenryRG

<font size="4">Mis-Use of RCU</font>

I think we need to be very careful of RCU being used as a bludgeon toget to the top of repair queues, get free this or or that - simply by slagging off good and hardworking little firms that can not afford toanswer back but do their best to support our hobby.

I have over the past seven years or so bought 2 MW54s, 3 Mw44s and 3Supersports - most of them 2nd hand at very reasonable prices. Over this period Wrens have been unfailingly helpful, reasonably priced in sorting out my own and my pre-owners foolish mistakes. Never once have they turned around and said "You are not the original owner!". Let's face it - this is the time of year when even the best of us pile our models in the ground. Even the best of us leave our fuel pumps dry or partially dry over the winter, allow our fuel pipes and our fuel filters to become blocked, kinked or perforated. Even the best inadvertently allow "crud" into the system. What is not so forgivable is sling our equipment back asking for FOC repair or replacement for what is really caused by our own error. Pumps do not suddenly stopworking without a reason. I have wrecked a pump because I ran it with the manual override switch off, because I left it knocking around on the work bench without connecting the input/output with plenty of fuel in it and perhaps because I crashed. I can see no good reason why you guys should pay for my mistakes in the price of your new engine or visaversa simply because I fancy a rant on RCU and conceal my mistakes.

I hope moderators will have a good look at this problem and see to it that no personal gain can be or will be obtained as a result of a thread or threat of a thread on RCU. In my view it should be done only after a complainant has shown a moderator "just cause and reasonable attempts to sort his problem". I am sure both manufacturers and distributors, who have sufferred, would support some form of hot line rather than this form of "blue-mail"

For the record - I have not got engine with them at the moment or nor any financial interest in them or in the model trade in general.

Old 06-11-2009, 04:37 PM
new2jets

ORIGINAL: HenryRG

<font size="4">Mis-Use of RCU</font>

I think we need to be very careful of RCU being used as a bludgeon toget to the top of repair queues, get free this or or that - simply by slagging off good and hardworking little firms that can not afford toanswer back but do their best to support our hobby.

I have over the past seven years or so bought 2 MW54s, 3 Mw44s and 3Supersports - most of them 2nd hand at very reasonable prices. Over this period Wrens have been unfailingly helpful, reasonably priced in sorting out my own and my pre-owners foolish mistakes. Never once have they turned around and said "You are not the original owner!". Let's face it - this is the time of year when even the best of us pile our models in the ground. Even the best of us leave our fuel pumps dry or partially dry over the winter, allow our fuel pipes and our fuel filters to become blocked, kinked or perforated. Even the best inadvertently allow "crud" into the system. What is not so forgivable is sling our equipment back asking for FOC repair or replacement for what is really caused by our own error. Pumps do not suddenly stopworking without a reason. I have wrecked a pump because I ran it with the manual override switch off, because I left it knocking around on the work bench without connecting the input/output with plenty of fuel in it and perhaps because I crashed. I can see no good reason why you guys should pay for my mistakes in the price of your new engine or visaversa simply because I fancy a rant on RCU and conceal my mistakes.

I hope moderators will have a good look at this problem and see to it that no personal gain can be or will be obtained as a result of a thread or threat of a thread on RCU. In my view it should be done only after a complainant has shown a moderator "just cause and reasonable attempts to sort his problem". I am sure both manufacturers and distributors, who have sufferred, would support some form of hot line rather than this form of "blue-mail"

For the record - I have not got engine with them at the moment or nor any financial interest in them or in the model trade in general.

Henry
top of repair queues get free this or or that - simply by slagging off good and hardworking little firms. are you on the same forum as us or planet .sara knows the problem i had with this engine and its just took abit too long to send me a new pump in my eyes but i think its on its way now.and as far as dry pump etc you might do things like that but some of us are a bit more carefull of what we do so to you. All i want to do is fly me plane
Old 06-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Boomerang1

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I had a warranty issue with a Supersport &amp; I must say it was handled quickly &amp; with very little fuss considering I'm on the other side of the world.

Every time I have any questions regarding my engines I just send an email &amp; the answer comes back quickly. 

should have gone jc from were i am
I cannot comment personally on Jetcat service as I don't own one but friends do.  One waited ages for a P-70 repair &amp; another ordered a helicopter engine &amp; waited so long he cancelled &amp; ordered a Wren. 

I'm no Wren 'groupie' but their service &amp; products have been good to me &amp; for that reason I will continue to buy them. - John.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:10 PM
bidrseed2
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Summer 07, four days is all it took to get my engine back from wren after i piled it in the ground.<div>
</div>
Old 06-11-2009, 05:55 PM
new2jets

[quote]ORIGINAL: jason

ORIGINAL: new2jets

hi bought a ss about a year ago had 44 starts and it went **** up ,wren put it right but had it three weeks and now had three good flights with it and same problem ,fuel pump ,wren now have had my pump since scampton meet and cj coming up still no pump did`nt fly at cj last time because of same problem . should have gone jc from were i am sat ?. so much for after sales back up. any one else had this problem /

cheer`s

Nigel
Just out of intrest, when you say "about a year ago" was it more or less than a year when you had the problem and did Wren replace the pump under warranty without any charge to you?

jason

HI jason
I brought the engine in spring 08 had this problem with it3 weeks before last cj 09 the wet one,somethink when wrong in the engine it started to grumble on spool down but it was not the bearings think it might have been the circlip which holds the preload spring(but don`t know ) and the Hausl fuel pumpwas faulty wren put this right under warranty got it all back just in time to get it all back in for scampton, drove up there for the sunday and had three good flights on the fourth flight the turbine would not shut down to land and when on the ground it was going from 38000 to 50000 up down up down and flaming out , same problem we had before the pump was replaced so fingers crossed third time lucky or third pump lucky it will be ok. I will speak to you at cj in two weeks time about it .

cheer`s
Nigel
Old 06-12-2009, 07:28 AM
aquaskiman
My Feedback: (46)

<span style="font-size: 12pt">I have three Wren MK III&rsquo;s and have had great service from Sara and crew. If you guys don&rsquo;t want to wait for ECU and pump repairs and they can go bad, buy an extra ECU and pump for your Jet flight box. Then you can keep right on flying when something goes wrong, while you are getting the part replaced or repaired.That is what I did. George</span>
Old 06-12-2009, 06:48 PM
Eddie P
My Feedback: (4)

For what it's worth, I see this thread as being pretty positive for Wren. Look at all the happy customers (including me). Maybe the initial post could have been a little bit more specific in "asking" a question about the process of getting a repair made. But in the end, and for future reference, what's the harm for the greater good of free speech and asking a question as long as it's done tactfully. The overwhelming support of the Wren users in this thread says it all really.