Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Motor Armatures?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 05:23 PM
Quanz56

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor Armatures?

I know brushed motors are slowly seeing their way out of the hobby so hopefully someone can help me out. My cousin has a Trinity Mystery stock motor and the comm is insanely grooved out from the brushes and now he thinks needs a new motor and I told him to get a new armature and he doesn't know much about this stuff so I'm asking for him. I don't have a comm lathe, nor do I want to get one as my stuff is all brushless. I've been looking for armatures for his motor and can't find the exact one but plenty of other Trinity stock motor armatures. Should any stock wound armature work? I seem to remember people mixing and matching armatures in different cans years and years ago when we had local track but it's been a while since I've been involved in brushed motors and don't remember for sure.