Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

first nitro offroader

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 09:49 PM
Web

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first nitro offroader

Hey everybody,
I want to get started in nitro offroaders. I have no experience in R/C cars, but I do fly R/C planes. One reason I want to get started in cars, is because the weather around here changes a lot, or all of the few good flying fields are in use. But there is tons of open space for cars. I don't really want an electric car, because I fly electric planes. So I decided to look through forums, and look at cars on online stores. I found this , which is made by Kyosho, and based on one of their other models, just with a different body and wheels and tires, it looks like. This car looks like what I want, but I want to know what everybody thinks about this car. If you have one, could you tell me how it handles, its durability, etc? This is about the maximum price I can go for a car without radio gear. Thanks.

Web
Old 06-25-2003, 12:20 AM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

the rc10gt is oen of the best trucks ever built.
huge rep and huge following.

its highest competition is the xxx-nt losi truck.

if i were buying an st i would look to one of those two, for the reasons of hop-ups available, and regular parts are always a plenty.

kyosho makes godly buggies and on-road stuff, so im sure they arent far behind in the st class either.
you got a local hobby shop? they carry any of these parts? its a hell of a lot easier to go to the lhs an dpick somethign up than it is to wait a week+ to get a $5 part. you end up spending more buying online, cause you want to justify the shipping.
Old 06-25-2003, 03:07 AM
Web

one reason I was looking at the above car is because it is all wheel drive. and a lot of the places I want to drive, such as NID (Nevada Irrigation Ditches), and other places, would probably require AWD. Plus, the above car is based off of the Kyosho Inferno TR-15 buggy, but with different tires and body, and I knew Kyosho makes great buggies, so I figured this would be good too. I haven't decided yet, though. It will be at leas 4 weeks before I get one, so I still have plenty of time to decide. Although, if I can't get the more expensive Skyline model, I might just get the regular Inferno TR-15.
Old 06-25-2003, 03:12 AM
Web

I've heard a lot of good stuff about the RC10GT, though. It seems like a good car.
Old 06-25-2003, 03:19 AM
Web

Oh yeah. I live about 1 hour away from R/C Country in Sacrament, CA. That place is HUGE!!! I just went there recently, they have everything, or so it would seem. I didn't get a good look at the cars, because I was in just the plane section for the whole day. But next time I go, I will be sure to check out the cars. There are so many good ones, it is very hard to decide. But whatever I get, I want it to be something I won't get bored with very fast. I do have a question, though. I am not used to engine sizes, because I fly electric planes. Is a .15 engine pretty common, or is that a really small engine? I just don't really know about these.