Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

ADjet F-16

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

ADjet F-16

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 10:48 AM
Mach1
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ADjet F-16

Looking for a simple F-16 for everyday flying. I like the size of the Avaition Design model.
Need some feedback from past or present owners of this jet.

Thanks
Old 07-28-2009, 03:55 PM
Helijet

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: ADjet F-16

Builds O.K. flys fine ( tailerons ). Uses sport type rotating gear. Landing gear beams REQUIRE reinforcement. Older design now surpassed by Asian offerings. I still have mine but would not consider it competitive vs todays other alternatives.

Just my opinion
D.W.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:02 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I have a 1/8th scale Tamjets I'm getting ready to sell cheap. This was my most excellent weekend flyer. PM me if you are interested.

It is slightly smaller than an Aviation Design, and slightly larger than a Yellow Aircraft.

David
Old 07-28-2009, 06:36 PM
JET FX

Still the best flying F-16 I have flown and seen, aerodynamically one of the fastest and can handle very high G turns. Flies extremely well on tailerons alone which make it very easy to setup...
The stock gear mounting beams on earlier version kits (Pre- ARF) will benefit from reinforcing with either carbon fiber cloth or replacing with higher grade hardwood. Some of the newer Chinese arfs may have more surface detail? although you can upgrade the AD F-16 gear with little effort to accept the scale gear and struts if you so desire. In my opinion probably the best flying F-16, especially if you want a serious hot rod speed machine... The AD F-16 looks to handle at high speed so much better than any of the slightly bigger and newer Chinese ARF versions I have seen. Also the AD will fly great on 20-34 lb lb thrust engines with ease, go with 30 lb and have lots of fun at 250++ Two big thumbs up!!! its still one of my favorites
Old 07-29-2009, 04:33 PM
Ian R

I agree with all the comments, here is mine 2.5 years old now and
still going well on a jetcat 120, matrix gear

Ian
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12431.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	1245970  
Old 07-29-2009, 04:45 PM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 131 Likes on 91 Posts

Look at Philip Avonds..it's the same size but a lot lighter. I've have one that is 5 years old, has hundreds of flights and still flies great. P-80 and up for power. I also have one in the box just in case.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:29 PM
Tom Antlfinger
My Feedback: (24)

Hi Marty:

Is that the same AD F-16 that we did the deal on in Detroit when you were still Canucking?

I agree, the AD and the SJ are still some of the best designs ever to be kitted.....I still have my SJ......smokes with a P-120....

Only gripe has been to get easily accesible 120 oz fuel tank capacity in either one. That is where Avonds and the Chinese have done a better job.

Tom
Old 07-29-2009, 06:24 PM
JET FX

Hey Tom, Good to hear from you mate.... yes I still have your old ride and its still going strong, actually in the process of prepping it not for a repaint. I love these AD F-16s and will always try and keep one in the hanger I think. Something about Erics designs that stand out for me are the flying qualities. These AD F-16's can be really banked and cranked and they come back for more, then will land like a trainer. I also have a Scorpion nearly ready to go and will be keen to see how it handles also... Have you seen the big new AD Mirage 2000 [sm=idea.gif]