Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Mato Toys is starting to tick me off!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Mato Toys is starting to tick me off!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 08:19 AM
Dmon1996

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mato Toys is starting to tick me off!

I emailed them a month and a half ago asking when the Sherman would be available. They emailed back taht the release would be announced at the end of this month (July). Since they still have not posted anything, I emailed again yesterday. This is what they replied:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email.

The Sherman tank is in mass production now. If we release it, we will publish the information on our website. Please keep visiting our website for news updates.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any question. We are glad to help you.

Sincerely

Customer Service
Mato Toys International Inc.

What gives? They are not even saying that they will carry it, and for me (the consumer) to continue going to them asking.... that's pathetic! This is typical of Canadian business- if they were US, they'd take down email addresses of everyone who is asking and email updates and (when known) the release date! And those who had expressed interest in advance would get the first units!

I am sick of waiting, and I am not going to be a puppet. I'll believe it is being released when I see it posted here, and maybe I'll buy one ....eventually. They may be trying to build hype, but at least with me, they lost a customer. And from the lack of the excited postings about the "Mato Sherman" on this forum compared to six months ago I think I'm not the only one tired of having my wee-wee pulled (I G rated what I really wanted to say).

D'mon (totally pi**ed off)
Old 07-30-2009, 09:04 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Mato Toys is starting to tick me off!

When was their ever an offical release date????????

Again a manufacturer or distrbutor is gettng beat up for missing someone else's release date? Mato has never made one official public claim as to when the Sherman would be out. Many people, myself included thought it would be reelased by the middle of July. On a production line, things happen. Maybe they found a problem they need to fix.

I saw RC Command go though this over the Stug when it was first released. Never make a release date claim until you have the stuff in your warehouse.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:04 AM
calvinlo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool down, my friend.

You shouldn't be too surprised or get upset by their reply. I believe the release date is indeed very near already but probably Mato won't want to commit by giving you a specific release date...in case they have to eat back their words...Toyeast used to give release dates too for their Vs Tiger, and they fumbled over it...now they don't give release dates either for their new 1/24 products too.

I guess the best way to deal with MAto is still to check their website daily. If the sherman is out, I am very sure Mato will be the first few to get it.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:45 AM
Dmon1996

I'm not ticked due to the delays- I am ticked because they can't seem to get their story straight. Either they will carry it or they won't! Don't tell me they will and will post info at the end of July, then when I ask about it say "IF they carry it" they will post sometime in the future.

Personally, I've about had it. I think I'll wait until Heng Long releases their Sherman. At least i know what I'm getting with HL, and they release when they say they are going to release. And due to Mato Toys Canada's BS, I may buy from somewhere else!
Old 07-30-2009, 10:46 AM
Wozwasnt

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

They don't want to give a release date incase they miss it and everyone has a go at them.

I don't know what all the fuss is about, it comes out when it comes out. Weve waited years (decades) for a VVSS Sherman so a few more months won't hurt, I've got plenty of other toys to play with untill then.

PS. the "If we release it" may mean that if they are not happy with the quality of the massed produced version and they send them back rather then release them.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:57 AM
Panther F

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

The same here. I'm not all that impressed with the initial appearance of it anyway.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:40 AM
swathdiver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dmon it is upsetting and I helped design and build the tank! It's in the hands of the factory and we're at their mercy. Then they have to get loaded and shipped too! A lot of Hope and Change has happened and its even affected our hobby already!
Old 07-30-2009, 12:16 PM
Dmon1996

Well, I hope that with all the help you gave they give you one of the first ones off the line for free! It is the absolute least they could do for you.

But it's not Mato the manufacturer I ticked off at - it's the retailler Mato Toys and their lack of consistencey and total lack of a plan. A month and a half ago they told me they would have a statement online at this time and now they are totally changing their tunes with no explaination. To say that they do not have a release date at this time is fine, but to say (now) that IF they decide to carry it they will post on their website at that time.... If they are thinking of backing out, say it and why (cost will be too much, supply is too limited to get stock, etc). I am extensively trained in customer service and when I see things like this - things that seem to be geared to tick off the consumer, it just bugs me. I am a customer, I am an adult, tell me the facts and explain why I am left dangling like a work on a fish hook and I will understand because I have been educated. But give me half statements and half-truths and that will lose you a customer every time.

Besides, I'm tired of waiting to see your creation. Can you blame me?
Old 07-30-2009, 01:35 PM
swathdiver

ORIGINAL: Dmon1996

But it's not Mato the manufacturer I ticked off at - it's the retailler Mato Toys and their lack of consistencey and total lack of a plan. A month and a half ago they told me they would have a statement online at this time and now they are totally changing their tunes with no explaination. To say that they do not have a release date at this time is fine, but to say (now) that IF they decide to carry it they will post on their website at that time.... If they are thinking of backing out, say it and why (cost will be too much, supply is too limited to get stock, etc). I am extensively trained in customer service and when I see things like this - things that seem to be geared to tick off the consumer, it just bugs me. I am a customer, I am an adult, tell me the facts and explain why I am left dangling like a work on a fish hook and I will understand because I have been educated. But give me half statements and half-truths and that will lose you a customer every time.

Besides, I'm tired of waiting to see your creation. Can you blame me?
Mato Toys which is now Mato Mart is the same fellow. The guy you buy your tanks from is the one who I worked with to bring the Sherman to market. You don't want to know when the factory FIRST told us the tank would be done! Then the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th times! I wouldn't read into the "IF" in the statement, words are occaisionally not translated well. Not sure if I'm saying that right! It's tough to run a business, to stay in business when factories operate this way. How'd you like to be their shoes paying the bills every month not knowing when you'll have product to sell?
Old 07-30-2009, 05:07 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Hobby REALLY NEEDS the Sherman right now. If anyone is gonna stay in buisiness these manufacturers are gonna have to step it up. Dollars are scarce. Here today gone tommorow. I hope i have the cash to spend when it gets here. Hell I hope I still have a job then.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:53 PM
googlydoogly

ORIGINAL: Dmon1996

I am sick of waiting, and I am not going to be a puppet. I'll believe it is being released when I see it posted here, and maybe I'll buy one ....eventually.

D'mon (totally pi**ed off)
Old 07-30-2009, 08:09 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Your reaction Dmon1996 is exactly why they don't want to give a release date. MAto has been in this game long enough to know you wait until the product is on the water before you make any dates known. SInce they never told us when it would get here, how can you hold them responsible for being late?????

However if you want to wait for the Heng Long Sherman that is your choice. When will that be out???
Old 07-30-2009, 10:28 PM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

Some guys just need to chill & be patient. Same thing is happening with Hooben, which has happened before with Tamiya, HL, Italieri, Trumpeter, Lindberg, etc, etc., etc....

For example, I've been waiting on Lindberg's new 1/72 IJN subs for RC conversion & we've seen at least 5 false starts regarding release dates since it was introduced at the iHobby Expo Oct '07. I've personally heard from Lindberg's CEO twice & have finally given up on contacting them further on release dates but am content to wait until I see a confirmation that my order has been pulled & shipped.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:55 AM
swathdiver

I had a meeting at our home last night, urelated to tanks, and one of the fellows said 77,000 factories have been forced to shut down for lack of funds/business since Hope and Change began. That would mean a few million people out of work at least in only 8 months! It's quite possible that even though the sherman is in production, the factory is having unforseen issues. The Sherman Project itself has undergone 2 major revisions so far in response to the current economic climate. I pray we can bring them to market but the assault on capitalism continues.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:59 AM
killick64

Same here. Much as I WANT that Sherman, I realize there may be things going on that I cannot realistically hope to be privy to. Maybe serious "reliability" issues have surfaced. Maybe there's a huge wrangle going on over who gets to "Brand" the tank. (There seems to be only one VVSS Sherman, but everybody except WSN is insisting it's "theirs" !! ) Or maybe unexpectly strong demand for the KV-1 has led the Factory to consider releasing a JS-2 next (I'm just joking, of course ).

It's not just about R/C tanks, either. Anna has been waiting for a one-of-a-kind Collectible that was supposed to be "Available for Purchase" last Christmas! It seems the "Production Run" when it finally got to the Retailer didn't meet her standards, and said Retailer won't be posting "availability updates" until she has the item on her shelves and is totally happy with it.

Bottom Line? Since no cash outlay in the form of "pre-payment" is involved, getting worked up about these things generally does nothing but enrich the makers of OTC Antacid Tablets......