Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Losi Rotary Starter

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 02:10 PM
mtndewdewd
My Feedback: (34)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losi Rotary Starter

Have a Losi rotary starter and it spins the wrong direction. I would rather not tear the car apart to reverse the 1-way bearing. Is there an easy way to reverse the direction? Swap red/black cables? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
John
Old 08-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Chris_RC

Default RE: Losi Rotary Starter

You can solder the - wire to the red + part of the mtoor and vise versa. Did you put the OWB in the wrong way? I have never ehard of that issue.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:26 PM
mtndewdewd

I got it used. It has some engine from Japan on it. I hope they are not on backwards. In what direction should the shaft turn? Currently the roto cover spins counter-clockwise which in turn rotates the engine shaft clockwise.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:46 PM
aaronlb

If you have a Losi spin starter it does indeed spin in the opposite direction as most other "roto" start backplates. Losi bkackplates engage in the center and most other designes have it engage on the side (off center). I have 2 roto type starters, one from Duratrax and one from Tamiya, and neither one will work on my LST with a m26ss engine. I just have to use the starting wand out of the Tamiya starter and use it in a drill. changing the OWB will not, in my opinion, fix your problem, using the correct starting system will. i hope this helps.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:28 PM
DaveG55

Yep, the Losi system spins the oposite direction as the Duratrax & Roto start. Reversing the polarity to the motor (swapping wires) will make it turn the "normal" direction if that's what you want.

As a side note, the Duratrax and Roto starts are virtually identical.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:30 PM
mtndewdewd

So, what direction should the motor shaft turn? Clockwise or Counterclockwise?
Old 08-07-2009, 10:39 PM
aaronlb

All my engines spin counter-clockwise (i think) when viewed from the front. i always have to double check when installing new shoes.