Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

New car 8/8/09

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 02:05 AM
teacher brent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New car 8/8/09

August 8th is Father's Day here in Taiwan. The Beast is almost two and loves rc. My plan is to bring Russell to the hobby shop and let him shop. Sadly I gotta pay for it so no Baja 5ss or Summit. I've got a couple in mind to show him, Tamiya cc01 Jeep is so cool. Lights, winch slow... Hyper Mini st looks awesome, is there any other bodies that would work on it? Team Magic tc (electric, nitro and a toddler is no fun at all) is a deal at about$135 us for the kit with great support. anything else we should look at? we're going to speedrc.com.tw I can't read Chinese either but it's an okay shop. The guy that knows everything speaks no English though, oh well can't have everything.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54524.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	1251616  
Old 08-07-2009, 07:07 AM
Airbus 9e

Default RE: New car 8/8/09

My suggestion would be to get something with lots of parts available at the LHS, and that can be regeared to run slower till he learns to drive it some without crashing everytime....My 8 year old nephew started with an RC18T a couple of years ago, and now he can drive his Dad's old Savage 25...We fixed it up some and stuck an old Duratrax .21 in it when my brother inlaw got a new Savage 4.6 X......Just make sure that he has fun, and don't worry if he crashes a lot....my nephew is still at the stage where crashing is funny, but we're slowly breaking him of that....
Old 08-07-2009, 09:34 AM
teacher brent

THAT OLD STAMPEDE HE'E FIXING IS HIS oops sorry. (caps lock) He understands that the transmitter makes it go but thats as far as he got with it. We're looking for a cool one, hopefully a kit. He loves working on them. Crawlers are a little pricy and I've never seen them run so don't know how much fun. Touring car looks like a good deal and we usually go to the track so...
Old 08-07-2009, 10:29 AM
heliguy4

Thats cool to get him involved like that.  My daughter is almost two and is the same way.  She loves to "help" drive and work on them.  Now I just got into helis and that is all she ever talks about.  Its great!
Old 08-07-2009, 10:47 AM
teacher brent

Awesome. I'd suggest getting together with the toys and kids but we're kinda far apart. It gives me a great excuse to go to the track and Meini(my wife) gets a break from the beast.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:53 AM
teacher brent

Df02 looks like fun too. Are there body posts to fit other bodies on it? I know how Tamiya loves to recycle parts and this buggy could be a mean rally car.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:30 AM
rc rock

i love my hyper mini st-e. any body for the crt .5 will fit. the proline crowd pleaser is popular...
Old 08-07-2009, 11:41 AM
teacher brent

I like more realistic bodies, Ford, Chevy, Dodge, hot rods .... Would wheely king bodies fit it? Stampede? M03? I love these things, I can have the badest ride around and drive it like i stole it.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:12 AM
teacher brent

Happy Father's Day!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74510.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	1252256