Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

need help with volcano sv

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 09:11 AM
motoxskp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with volcano sv

Heres the deal......i know the truck is not the best out there but im trying to get it running for my Son. Thie thing is i was driving it one day and all of the sudden it shut down. It is very hard to start and when it does start, it wont stay running unless i full throttle the thing. Even so, the sound is real muffled. I replaced piston and sleeve, checked and cleaned card twice, checked for air leaks, and even took off the cltuch just to make sure it wasnt hanging up. What am i missing here?

Thanx
Old 08-13-2009, 09:41 AM
larryf333
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: need help with volcano sv

Sounds like something in the exhaust system. Look for any blockages and check the tip of the exhaust for dirt or anything else that may be stuck in it.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:43 AM
motoxskp

Exhaust was also checked, and blew out with air gun. Sorry i forgot to mention that.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:55 AM
larryf333
My Feedback: (2)

Difficult to say then. How's the glow plug? Burning bright and all the way to the end of the coils? Are you sure the piston/sleeve is installed in the correct orientation? Intake/Exhaust ports on the correct sides? If everything checks out and there is no leaks, I'd say it either needs a new carb or has a really horrible tune. What settings are the High and Low speed needles currently at? (How many turns out from closed?)
Old 08-13-2009, 11:14 AM
motoxskp

Thats what i was thinking, that it needs a new carb....but to answer your question about tunning, it was running fine and well tunned and suddenly died. I thought it was a power loss and thats what made me buy and install new piston and sleeve. And as for the settings now, the are back to stock recommended. (because of new poiston and sleeve) but they have been all over the place just trying to get it started and sounding right.