Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

I JUST ORDERED A FLUX! BATTERY AND CHARGER RECOMMENDATIONS?

Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

I JUST ORDERED A FLUX! BATTERY AND CHARGER RECOMMENDATIONS?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 01:50 AM
Freezetron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I JUST ORDERED A FLUX! BATTERY AND CHARGER RECOMMENDATIONS?

I use these, kick ass combo, just be sure to keep that LVC above 3.3v or higher to keep from destroying the Lipos from voltage dips like I did

Old 08-05-2009, 08:54 AM
spiftacu1ar

DO NOT get zippy hardcase lipo's. Althugh the flightmax stuff is good, I have heard bad things about the hardcases. Also, the non-flightmax zippy stuff is not so good.

If you want to get a cheap charger, why not get the accucell 8. or gt8, or imax b8. Hobbycity also has a dual charge lead that will charge 2 3s lipo's as if they are actually one 6s lipo.

By the way, if you have a hyperion cahrger capacble of cahrging at the rate 2c for your packs. YOu can use the breakout board to connect the batteries in parrallel. Unlike Nimh's its perfectly safe to wire lipos in parrallel whilst charging. This is because the voltage remains relatively constant throuhgout its capacity. Only at the end, and at full charge does voltage spike up/down. Unless the charge state is more than 30% different (throwing an arbitrary number out there, 50% is probably safe, but I don't want to be responsible for peoples mistakes), it is safe to put them together in parralell

This is because unless the voltage difference is very different between the packs, the current flow between them will be minimal. HOwever, they will balance each other (only the cells in paralllel will balance.

Then , you effectively have a 3s2p pack, and can charge them at a higher rate that is equivalent to 2c for the single pack. (still 1c for the pair).

Let me know if you need more elaboration on this subject.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Revomad1

Apparently they have fixed the issues with the solder joints breaking in the hard case packs. I got a $259 speeding ticket today, so I may have to wait a while for batteries! lol
Old 08-16-2009, 09:48 PM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the darkside Revo! You won't be leaving. lol