Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

car appraisals

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 01:08 PM
soulgriever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car appraisals

hello i have two cars im thinking about selling but i would like to know how much there worth so i can decide wether or not i wish to sell them there both oldschool cars

the first car is a tamiya grasshopper in the pictures you can see that ive put some electronics on it but im not including these with it i only want to sell the body from it

the second car im including everything you need except a battery and charger other then that its ready to run, but it is a 1985 nikko alienator

hope the pictures are good enough and that i didnt slow your comp down too much with them but any help is much appreciated
Old 09-12-2009, 10:17 PM
mazdaprotege4
My Feedback: (32)

Default RE: car appraisals

I know that the grasshoppers are not that sought after in terms of Tamiyas, but maybe there will be some interest in the body (I know that most of them I have seen are missing the body)  As for the Nikko I have no idea, but I would check eBay to see what they have sold for in the past.  Good luck!
Old 09-14-2009, 12:58 AM
Zero369

ORIGINAL: mazdaprotege4

I know that the grasshoppers are not that sought after in terms of Tamiyas, but maybe there will be some interest in the body (I know that most of them I have seen are missing the body) As for the Nikko I have no idea, but I would check eBay to see what they have sold for in the past. Good luck!
On the contrary to this statement, it depends when it was made.

@ Soulgriever
How old is the Grasshopper? You can go on Ebay and sell the body for a good sum if its orignal from the 80's. If it is from the 80's and you can prove it, then you can get a decent amount for it. On Tower's they go for $25.29 brand new minus the decals I think. On Ebay, I have seen the originals go for at least $50.00 on some of them. Check this link to see what I mean... http://cgi.ebay.com/8085311-Tamiya-1...=p3286.c0.m14y

As for the Nikko Alienator, not too sure. Email this guy in the link, he may buy it from yah http://rhen.netfirms.com/ . Scroll all the way to the bottom for his email address.

Sorry for the long link, not sure how to put a text link in yet...

Ray
Old 09-14-2009, 07:57 AM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The Grasshoppers aren't really worth much in used condition. Really doesn't matter if it's the original or the re-release. Tamiya made tons of them and they're everywhere. If the body was perfect or the the car was built and never run then you'd get some money for it. The car you have seems to be rough and missing some parts. As for the Nikko. I have no idea what it's worth. I'd check old Ebay listings and see if you can find something that has sold.

If I where you I'd sell the Nikko and spend a few dollars and fix up the Hopper. They're great fun and all the parts are available so don't worry about breaking something.

J
Old 09-14-2009, 03:46 PM
Zero369

ORIGINAL: john01374

The Grasshoppers aren't really worth much in used condition. Really doesn't matter if it's the original or the re-release. Tamiya made tons of them and they're everywhere. If the body was perfect or the the car was built and never run then you'd get some money for it. The car you have seems to be rough and missing some parts. As for the Nikko. I have no idea what it's worth. I'd check old Ebay listings and see if you can find something that has sold.

If I where you I'd sell the Nikko and spend a few dollars and fix up the Hopper. They're great fun and all the parts are available so don't worry about breaking something.

J
Good point

Ray
Old 09-14-2009, 10:29 PM
soulgriever

actual all the parts are there for the hopper just have it apart atm but i even have a 15 turn motor in the ting and being as what you told me i think ill keep it now i just gota figur out how to keep the front left tire from flying off but idk about the nikko yet
Old 09-15-2009, 07:47 AM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Left front tire is flying off ?? Blue loctite on the wheel nut will fix the runaway wheel. . DON"T use red. You'll never get it off.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:25 PM
soulgriever

ha ha didnt even need locktight the idiout that owned the thing b4 me put washers on the wheels and well the washers pressed the tire against the nut an unscrewd it runs smooth now now i just gotta get a new batt