Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

What buggy should I look into?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 07:00 AM
Sgt.Jonny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What buggy should I look into?

Cool. So it is possible to put an sh 21 on the 2s. Do I need any parts or can I just order and install the engine?? How fast does it go with the 21? 50?
Old 09-29-2009, 07:03 AM
Sgt.Jonny

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHVzcaBM510]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHVzcaBM510[/link]Wow check out this buggy! .21 engine and only single speed but it flies!
Old 09-29-2009, 07:18 AM
Sgt.Jonny

Check this out, a 1/10 with .21 engine. Do I have to make any modifications to do this on the mxb2s?
[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHVzcaBM510]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHVzcaBM510[/link]
Old 09-29-2009, 09:24 AM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Sgt.Jonny

Cool. So it is possible to put an sh 21 on the 2s. Do I need any parts or can I just order and install the engine?? How fast does it go with the 21? 50?
it wont be easy to put the .21 in the mxb, if you want a big block go with the rxb. The chassis is not setup for a .21 and you will have to redrill the chassis to fit the engine and might still have a problem with the rear exhaust .21.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:42 PM
firebird78

ORIGINAL: Sgt.Jonny

What about the torpeda pro? Will that go as fast? It has a .28 engine

I have 2 torpedas and although I like them they dont even come close to compare with the rxb...the rxb by far better,.....its my personal opinion that the rxb is THE BEST rc himoto offers...yeah its more then the other buggies but its worth every penny
Old 09-29-2009, 05:17 PM
Sgt.Jonny

Oops i posted 2 times by accident. Im sorry so many questions but can you like give examples why the rxb is better? I mean do you even think im ready for the 1/8th scale?
Old 09-29-2009, 05:39 PM
firebird78

the rxb is more durable..handles better, MUCH easier to work on..has better upgrades...better design...its just really better in all aspects..

as far as if your ready for 1/8th....I started with 1/8th...your ready...even if you dont race you will love the rxb...the stock engine is plenty to bash with...you could even race it in a beginer class right out of the box...as far as putting a .28 on it, I wouldnt...fer one ya dont need it...fer 2..later on you could buy a bump box...if you put a .28 on it you wont be able to use a bump box...once you get the bump box set up it would be MUCH eaiser for you to start then any rotostart...
Old 09-29-2009, 05:48 PM
Sgt.Jonny

Thanks. I agree about the bump start. I never really looked into it before I bought rotostart. I wasn't going to put a .28 in the rxb but if i got a 2s which I probably won't, I was gonna put a .21 in it. I know that the .28 is a big block.
Two questions
1. Should I wait for the rxb-2?
2. How would you compare this buggy to the rxb? [link=http://www.redcatracing.com/RC-Cars/1-8-Scale-Nitro-Ultralite-Series/Backdraft-35]http://www.redcatracing.com/RC-Cars/1-8-Scale-Nitro-Ultralite-Series/Backdraft-35[/link]
I wish I was older so I could do some reviews for Himoto and they could send me cars and stuff Id love that job!
Old 09-29-2009, 05:51 PM
firebird78

come to think of it....if you had the money for a rxb and a bump box it would be IDEAL fer you...I know you have a hard time with pullstarts...and roto start is easier...but once you got the bump box set up your good to go...just push the buggy down and off you go...takes a bit to set up the box but it isnt that tuff...also with the himoto box you have 3 different options to power it, 12v gel cell, 2 7.2 battery sticks or the jumper wires which I use...at the track I have one lawn mower battery I leave in the pit,, then I take another trackside...makes it really handy cause just a regular battery charger will charge them...you can even hook the jumpers to a car battery, which I have done...
Old 09-29-2009, 05:58 PM
Sgt.Jonny

Cool i will save up for that. What do you think about my 2 questions?
Old 09-29-2009, 06:03 PM
Sgt.Jonny

Is the sh.21 a big block and is the .28 like a larger physical size?
Old 09-29-2009, 06:06 PM
firebird78

in my opinion the backdraft 3.5 isnt a 1/8th buggy....its parts arent as beefy, and everything is made lighter (why its an ultralite)...noway that would hold up to a rxb-1, and if anyone disagrees with me they are welcome to bring one and prove me wrong...another thing I dont like about that buggy is it has a plastic spur gear, to me thats a BAD IDEA...ultralite or not, its my opinion plastic gears have zero business on a 1/8th...if himoto was to do this I would really question their thinking, and they wouldnt be able to give me one...

as far as should you wait for the rxb-2....that is entirely up to you...I do beleive most the difference will be c-hub front suspension (rxb-2) instead of pivot ball suspension (rxb-1)...from the way I understand it is himoto will just be offering both versions for peoples preference in suspensions...but I'm sure they may add a few other variences...I will tell you the rxb is by far my favorite rc....if you got the cash for the rxb and a box, I'm very sure you would be pleased with your purchase
Old 09-29-2009, 06:07 PM
Sgt.Jonny

Thanks. I can use a rotostart though right?
Old 09-29-2009, 06:12 PM
firebird78

.21 is also a big block....its just the .28 is bigger...the rxb-1 with the stock .21 will be a handfull for you...they can get away from you in a hurry..lol....but they arent way over powered were you cant control it...... I have some really good running .28's on my torpedas and they are honestly over powered...himoto has the .21 on the rxb-1 as it is more aimed at racing (most places you can only race a .21)...but the rxb-1 will not only out race a torpeda..it will out bash one also...
Old 09-29-2009, 06:17 PM
firebird78

yeah....if you wanna get the buggy now and then save up for a box you could get the roto start to get you by until you got the money for the box....also another perk to having a box....if you have a bump start back plate on the engine, it almost always (if not always..lol) stops at bottom dead center...and if it doesnt (has never happened to me, but I still double check)..you can rotate the engine either way instead of going through a complete revolution to check (with a one way bearing it wont allow you to go both ways)
Old 09-29-2009, 06:51 PM
Sgt.Jonny

One last question. The rxb is RTR right?
Old 09-29-2009, 07:10 PM
firebird78

yup....rtr ...has a pretty good radio...Duck raced his quite a bit stock....think he still has the stock servos in it.....very nice buggy especially fer the price