Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Cheep race car for basement fun

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 07:51 PM
Minkis815

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheep race car for basement fun

Ok so winter is around the corner and i cant use my offroad MT's or ST's on my offroad course. so me and my buddies are going to get x mods from radioshack and build a track in his basement. We figure x mods cause they are cheep. we were gonna use mini z's but two of the 4 of us dont wanna spend the money (not me i like going fast) So xmods it is. whats an easy way to smoke these guy's with out spending anymore than $100? we put a cap on the cars to keep it fare. not a penny more and no ebay. cause ebay is like cheeting. i was thinkin about lipo's. can i use a two cell from like a smal air plane? ima try it nomatter what and plan on smoking the electronics. i'll upgrade that when i need to. im lookin so basicly kill these guys. i race 1/10 scale pan cars and 1/10 SK's and also race offroad occasionly. (nitro ST's) so im no dummie when it comes to a good car! and i have the right chargers for lipo li ion and any type of lythium batt. Help me kick my friends a**'s
Old 10-10-2009, 09:21 PM
sleeper607

Default RE: Cheep race car for basement fun

I believe your workin with a brushed motor so that would be one weak link. the next is the speed controler. If you have money to burn then i would say just take one even off ebay and see how much power you can put to it until you blow it then you know how much you can safely put to it. the one off ebay would only be the testbed for the race car.tower hobbies has a little bit better motors if that is your first weak link.</p>
Old 10-11-2009, 07:38 AM
Minkis815

Default RE: Cheep race car for basement fun

ok. $100 MAX! i cant break the $100 mark. and now were writing the rules down cause that is a good idea. but that defeats the purpouse of having a cap on it. so how bout lipo ball bearings and suspension mods. this way the car can handle better. i guess were doing stock esc's and stock motors. This winter time fun is turning into quit the compatition. now there are six of us instead of only 4. I'll post videos when we start racing. not that it'll be fast just good close raceing.