Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Very poor Sprint 2 run times on Venom 3000

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 10:52 PM
yusoslo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very poor Sprint 2 run times on Venom 3000

I have a traxxas charger from my revo 3.3 that I am using to charge the battery. I was told it was fine. Its the gray box with the green flashing light. Takes about 1.5 hours for a full charge. I run the battery down till the wheels wont spin w me holding the car in the air.

I have timed it and I get about 5-7min of run time...its on its 5th charge. I think this is BS. I have an all stock HPI sprint 2 with the factory 15T motor

take the battery back? Is my charger bad? Do I need better batteries a 5000?
Old 10-11-2009, 11:39 PM
Druss

Default RE: Very poor Sprint 2 run times on Venom 3000

What you need to do is form charge the batteries at 500 milliamps (10 hours) for 3-4 cycles. Not that venoms are that great but you should be getting a bit more... maybe 12 -15 minutes.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:11 AM
BigTb17

I don't believe you are supposed to drain Ni-MH batteries that far. It's not like Li-Po where it ruins them, but I think it is hard on them.

Is the battery hot when you are done running?
Old 10-12-2009, 08:06 AM
yusoslo

its warm but not hot. I could easily hold it in my hand. I thought about a heat sink on the motor as well to help with heat dissapation