Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Front wheels only turn one way.

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 08:23 PM
Kelzan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front wheels only turn one way.

Hey everyone. I just picked up a savage x 4.6 yesterday, and am already having problems with the steering of the truck.

I had it out today burning around and everyting was working fine, then all of a sudden the truck would not turn to the left. So i picked the truck up and tried turning the wheels both ways, and still nothing for the left. When i turned the wheels to the right it still worked perfectly fine. I then grabbed both front tires and started manually turning the wheels all the way from left to right a few times, everything felt ok. So i tried turning them again with the remote, and they both worked again?

Now i have both sides turning again but the steering is really slow and not how it was when i first started using it. If i turn the wheels either way the wheels will go about half way, and then there will be a quick pause, and then they will keep going until the turn is complete.

I am wanting to change out the steering servo to something better already, but do you guys think it is the servo that is the problem, or could it possibly be something else doing it?

Thanks in advance to any and all comments.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:50 PM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Front wheels only turn one way.

Check your servo safer and make sure it isn't too loose. Also, make sure that on your remote, the two dials for steering and throttle/brake are centered and that the third dial is cranked all the way to the right I believe; that gives you maximum turning radius.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:58 PM
Kelzan

I checked the servo saver, and everything seems fine there. The two dials for steering and throttle/brake were set good as well. I also had the third dial cranked for maximum turning radius too.

Now here is the other thing. If i turn the tires by hand side to side, everything sounds nice and smooth, when i turn on the controler and the truck, and use the dial to turn the tires, there is a clicking sound that i think is coming from the servo, but i am not 100% sure.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:49 PM
sharkattack99

you could take out the servo and open it up and check the gears mine did that once sounded geat but wasn't getting any turn radious opened it up and one of the gears were stripped there only plastic in the stock servo easy to strip them out.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:26 AM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

Ya, that's how my stock servo went as well. Call HPI, get it warrantied, throw that servo into the throttle/brake, and upgrade your steering servo.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:50 AM
GRADEE

yeah would be the servo. just had the same problem with my hyper 8.
new servo all fixed.
couldnt afford the upgrade at the moment. after trying to keep my XL running. hehe.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:52 PM
bigwaltc

You might also see if the screw is gone that holds the servo horn on you might have striped the horn [sm=shades_smile.gif]