Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

Novus CP tail problem

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Novus CP tail problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 05:22 PM
jsansoterra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Novus CP tail problem

I recently purchased a Novus CP. The gear on the tail shaft slips away from the tail motor pinion after about 15-30 seconds. I push the blade and holder back in tight but it all slips again after a few seconds.

Is there a way to tighten things up? Do I need to change a specific part?

Thanks for the help.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:49 PM
Tdwoolley3

Default RE: Novus CP tail problem

glad to see that im not the only one having this problem. the gears slip on my heli also. hope that someone can help solve this problem.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:46 PM
crash8384
My Feedback: (79)

help please for the love of the hobby help
 i have the novus cp. when i hover it is somewhat ok but when i give it throtle it wants to spin left. i have talked to supp. and they gave me recomended setup for it . so i went in and reset every thing and it makes it worse. i can only get to hover a few inches off ground. some one please help me
Old 08-26-2009, 06:23 PM
Tdwoolley3

hey corvette, when you give it throttle does it uncontrollably spin left or is it a slow rotate to the left? if its slow then you may need to increase the mix setting.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:24 AM
crash8384
My Feedback: (79)

it starts slow then starts to spin . especally the more throttle i give it.  i thought it was the mix but i turn it up on thee tx and rx  and it still does not correct the prob. heli max seems to think it is the tail motor but it seems to be working fine. i was reading somewhere on rcgroups and i saw that some one else is having the same prob. he thinks it is the main motor. mine gets very hot and doesnt  seem to have the power. the day i got the heli i could do collective pops when i set the pitch up a bit. just to hover i have to set v1 and v2  dials to 0 . could it be the main? i dont know .
Old 09-01-2009, 06:32 PM
animalnut

As cheap as it is go ahead and throw the brushless in there and due away with that issue anyway the stock brushless is rather strong compared to the brushed but I dont fly 3d so I'm sure it could be better it could be the main not enough rpm's (worn motor) to much pitch to achieve lift would cause this right?
Old 10-17-2009, 04:45 PM
poison

man I tell ya I been having this same problem mine wants to go left it got so bad I crashed a few times I turned my Revolution mix up that helps but I tell ya I still have full right tail trim on my radio I been trying and trying to get the gyro gain set but don't seem to make a diffiernce. Anotherthing I did that seems to help is drop my pitch down it speeds up my head speed witch in turn seems to hold my tail better, and have same issue with my tail rotor coming loose sounds to me this are issues with this heli we just to need to keep working on it to we get it down mine flys good if I could just get more out of my tail so it would hold ya hands free hover would be nice LOL but this thing is a handful but fun!! ps: Go Hogs
Old 10-31-2009, 04:16 AM
animalnut

that's the best description I've ever heard ......a real handful but fun, well put