Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Associated Mini MGT 3.0beating a dead horse

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Associated Mini MGT 3.0beating a dead horse

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 01:26 AM
debay
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Associated Mini MGT 3.0beating a dead horse

My wife is on me for picking <u>ANOTHER</u><u></u> expensive hobby, so I try to bargain shop. Ioften end up spending more on repairs and upgrading to what I should have just bought to begin with. That being said, the Associated Mini MGT 3.0 looks like a solid truck. There are a lot of really good reviews out there and there are some that just plain suck. The earliest threads are from 2007 when it first arrived on scene and it seems that most of the reviews have gone up a bit since Associated has made improvements. Has it gotten better? Is it a pretty good truck? There is nothing in that price range with 4 wheel drive that I feel I can trust. Red Cats seem to have parts availability issues, and the other chines knock-offs dont sound like an option. Any comments would be appreciated.</p>
Old 10-08-2009, 10:19 AM
breezerboat

Default RE: Associated Mini MGT 3.0beating a dead horse

It is a great MT. I have one and love it. The MGT 3.0 is pretty tough. I have broke a few parts myself, but not the engine, tranny or diffs. The servos are actually all you need and they have not failed either. For an RTR the radio is ok too. I have only broken 2 dogbones and the chasis, yea the chasis. I jump it a lot and must have landed bad once. Easy truck to work on too. The radio tray is on piece, so all you have to do is disconnect 3 servo horns and unscrew 4 screws and the entire tray lifts out (makes for easy cleaning).

Here is my thread with pictures.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8768969/tm.htm

Oh, BTW, it is a biotch to break in the engine. But after 4 or 5 tanks, it starts right up.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:27 PM
theRCreverend

the MGTis a tank. I have both an 8.0 and mmgt 3.0. Iwas launching my mmgt 3.0 up a dirt pile at full speed, sending it up into the air about 10-15 feet and landing on concrete. I did this constantly for over an hour and no problems. I did land it on the wheels everytime, that helps with any car. It handled some pretty close-call type landings too.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Bluethunder3320

i broke the chassis, both diffs, whole tranny, clutch bell, 1 dogbone, manifold, carb, 4 pull starts, coolant head, 13 spur gears, one way clutch, lots of antennas, oh, and today is the day i finally put it to rest since december im tired of getting so frustrated.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:48 PM
debay
My Feedback: (1)

How long did you have it? over what time and what kind of abuse did all these breaks entail? Im guessing your going to the dark side. To batteries? Wait till you puff a LiPo pack or look over to see a firey inferno where your battery used to be.
Old 10-31-2009, 03:44 PM
Bluethunder3320

ive been through it all.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:11 PM
Bluethunder3320

yaeh bu t couldnt stand looking at my truck on the desk like a corpse so i spent over $100 to fix it heres a vid i took lately. ya it broke again. snapped another chassis in the vid. it says i "blew the drive shaft ugh" but i really snapped the chassis in the back and shot my front diff.
http://www.pinkbike.com/video/107359/
MASSIVE JUMP AT END OF VID 25+ FEET HIGH ON ASPHALT TOP SPEED AWESOME!!!! and it drove away!!!!