Community
Search
Notices
Team Associated - Monster GT Discuss all things AE MGT right here!

mgt 4.6 needs help

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 10:05 PM
almaidah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mgt 4.6 needs help

ok well i started my truck the other day and the temp was good i only went thought half a tank and the truck was overheating like crazy. i didn't realize it until i tried to restart it and it wouldn't so i primed it and gas was just burning like crazy now today i tried to start it and it started and cut right when i tried to give throttle. so every now and then it will start for a sec and cut out.. now i set it all back to factory setting and still no luck.. so is my motor dead? its a new motor and i only broke it in and ran 4 tanks after the break in over 2 month period can i replace a part in the motor or something or do you think i can send it back to ae under warranty
Old 11-02-2009, 10:46 PM
driller2948

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: mgt 4.6 needs help

Hot like crazy! not a lot of information their to be helpful. The first thing you need to do is lose of the primer bulb. Second what does your glow plug look like? What brand? What type? Hot or Cold plug? deformed dull in color or shinny? What fuel are you running? Brand and nitro %? Have you sealed the carb? Since that engine is a pull/spin start combo no need to seal the back plate! If it sucks air it will leak thru the spin start shaft can't be seald, shouldn't be a big deal. A lot of members run that engine with out any real problems. Lets start here and move forward.. Keep posting we should get you back up and running soooooon!