Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Help with Exceed Blue Ray 450SE

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Help with Exceed Blue Ray 450SE

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 08:16 PM
honda411
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Exceed Blue Ray 450SE

hi guys,
im looking for someone that can help me with my blue ray. What is happening is all of a sudden whenever im in normal mode for the throttle, the helicopter will rotate in a counterclockwise direction when i hit the collective up kinda fast. i know there is a torque factor here, but its never done it till today. i have tried increasing the gain and decreasing, but nothing helps. i usually keep the gyro, or the upper left know in the same position everytime i start it up. and if this may help, everytime i do start it up and wait for the ESC to beep, and the gyro to initialize, after that i always have to input some right rudder trim. is this normal or am i doing something wrong?
One other thing is, if there is someone that has a good 3D setup on their transmitter that you could possibly send me either by email, or in a file or something, that would be fantastic! my 3D setup im guessing isnt that good because the heli will tend to drift sometimes doing loops and rolls. and my collective isnt straight and level all the way through the collective stroke. its starts with some right angle for the torque factor, and when at full collective, it has a small left angle. so my guess it the servos arent moving at the same pace.

Thank you everyone for reading this, and anything and everything will be helpful.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:37 AM
swashplate

Default RE: Help with Exceed Blue Ray 450SE

the "blue ray" 450 is basically a trex clone with a few minor differences that don't make much difference. Do you have fly bar weights? Also you can put the ball link balls closer in on the servo horn, reducing input throw and taming the cyclic response down a bit. Also Finless Bob made a great set of videos for the trex 450 and he went over all the swash leveling opperations. you could find them by putting: finless bob ccpm videos, into google. good luck!
Old 10-29-2009, 11:58 AM
gnd2

ORIGINAL: honda411

hi guys,
im looking for someone that can help me with my blue ray. What is happening is all of a sudden whenever im in normal mode for the throttle, the helicopter will rotate in a counterclockwise direction when i hit the collective up kinda fast. i know there is a torque factor here, but its never done it till today.
So what did you change between today and the last time you flew it, anything? Have you crashed? Is this problem only in normal mode and fine in idle up? Other than that, check the belt for correct tension and all the teeth still intact, it may have become worn out or loose causing it to slip.

One other thing is, if there is someone that has a good 3D setup on their transmitter that you could possibly send me either by email, or in a file or something, that would be fantastic!
The stock radio doesn't look programmable, do you have a programmable radio?

my 3D setup im guessing isnt that good because the heli will tend to drift sometimes doing loops and rolls. and my collective isnt straight and level all the way through the collective stroke. its starts with some right angle for the torque factor, and when at full collective, it has a small left angle. so my guess it the servos arent moving at the same pace.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here but it sounds like your swash doesn't stay level through the full collective range? If that's the case, you just need to adjust it with sub trim and EPA until it's as close to level through the full range as possible. This is going to vary with every heli, no one elses settings are likely to help you with it. But again, you need a programmable radio, I'm not sure the stock radio is capable if that's all you have.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:12 AM
honda411

i went ahead and just upgraded to EXI head and tail setup, because my swash plate was giving a lot of play from side to side. i have never crashed it or anything. it seems to be working fine now for some reason. i never changed anything on it. but yes, the radio is programmable, only through the computer though. thanks for the help
Old 11-03-2009, 11:05 PM
honda411

i did the first flight today with the new EXI rotor head and tail combo setup!
everything flew great once balanced, but one problem. during an inverted loop, the plastic washout links snapped. not sure why though. was able to bring it down safely but with a fight to control it, as the flybar was not moving with stick input. basically just collective and minor cyclic control. would watch out for these on breaking.
does anyone know if there are metal washout links somewhere?